Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Twisted Roof

Gavrobb

Gavrobb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I'd add a photo here if I knew how but anyway but its quite obvious - our roof, half way up/down, is crooked - higher one side than the other. There was an 'event' that led to this but all seems fine in operations - straightens itself at the top and bottom of the travel but I do worry it may be putting undue stress.

Is there a potential here that the mechanism either side has been moved out of sync and can be re-adjusted? Is this a dealer or a DIY fix if so??

There have been a couple of posts about twisted roofs. This one in particular.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/roof-unequal-when-lowering.5815/#post-104731

The conclusion seems to be that al little bit of uneveness isnt a big problem but it shouldn't be like that. VW appears to have accepted responsibility on a number of occasions - but you refer to an 'event' which suggest that it may not be VW's fault.

DM - thanks for the link, missed that one. Does seem to be normal the event was a trapped cloth but no damage, I just wondered if that had affected it but seems that ours is within the limits of 'normal'

Probably worthwhile getting it checked out anyway. They may accept it as a warranty issue. I've had no problems with pushback with the (relatively few) things that I've had warranty issues with.

DM - thanks for the link, missed that one. Does seem to be normal the event was a trapped cloth but no damage, I just wondered if that had affected it but seems that ours is within the limits of 'normal'
Don't mention " The Cloth ";);)

Back