Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toshiba laptop connection

timber

timber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi all you techies
Which is the best and reasonably priced dongle ,or whatever, to connect to the web whilst travelling around the U.K. in the far north in particular
Richard

3 provide a cost effective unlimited data plan, that can be tethered to a phone (so you dont need 2 contracts). However you need to check the reception in the areas via the operators web pages you plan on visiting. The other operators do tend to have better marginal voice coverage but poorer high speed data, i.e. a 2G voice signal wont give you reliable data.

I buy 3 SIMS from Amazon.

There is a choice but I use the 3GB/3Month one which suits me perfectly and is just over £10 delivered.

I called 3 to try and top up and they cannot offer as top up for anywhere near the price I buy them for so I just throw them away and get another.

As it happens I'm on the train to London using mine now :laugh2

Yes I also use 3 sim from amazon in my huawei e586 modem, which I'm using now at work waiting for my next load.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

E586 for me too. :hello

What you waiting for Andy, anything interesting??

Thanks for the replies, Amazon it is then.My present dongle that I only used once two years ago is E156 G so hope they work in it.
Richard

I have a Three Mi-fi which is their branded Huawei dongle. Best thing about is is you can connect up to 6 devices to it and it creates a mini-hot spot, so if your reception is dodgy you can position it up high (on the roof?!) to get a strong signal. I believe you can get it unlocked and buy data sims to use abroad. I haven't done this yet, but will do in due course.

http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/q ... arent=2485

Stu said:
E586 for me too. :hello

What you waiting for Andy, anything interesting??

Sorry Stu only just seen this !!

No nothing interesting. We deliver new plastic milk bottles to dairy's all round the country. Occasionally we get a reload of something different.
That day the factory were 3 hours behind loading trailers so had three hours to kill & an extra 3 hours on my shift. Not what I wanted. But this only happens a couple of times a year.

Back