Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toilets in a calli

Hi All,
Will be collecting our first new California Ocean soon, getting very excited.. would like some advice on a portable toilet please,
Mainly what size and storage?
Also have been looking at outdoor cooking, the Cadac 2 pro looks good, appreciate any advice or suggestions please.
I’ve got a Popaloo and toilet tent. It works on a system of bio bags. Clean and functional! Company is based in Lincolnshire I think. Really easy to put up and take down. Packs flat into a carry bag as does the tent.

Suggest you take a good look at the Popaloo website. https://popaloo.co.uk/
It is a great design, well made in the UK and the company are really nice people to deal with. We bought one 7 years ago and have used it every overnight trip. There is the option of putting it outside in a pop up tent which is fine but as we always sleep in the roof bed we just quickly set it up downstairs before we retire and take it apart first thing in the morning. I think it is the best thing since sliced bread and highly recommend it.
Thanks, Sound good I will take a closer look.

Alors moi j'utilise le toilette sèche modèle Trelino origineS avec de la sciure et un urinoir retractable. Pour la cuisson un cadac safari pro. Le tout très compact et facile à ranger.
I'm a bit shocked at how much they charge for the Trelino origineS. €487 for what is basically just a box o_O

The GottaGo looks promising but it’s quite tall and I think a little too complicated, certainly won’t fit under sink or in the boot for those who insist on either. The Trebolo WandaGo Lite is smaller, cheaper and simple. We have a 335 at the moment (which is great) but will change for either the Trebolo (fits in the Dunelm Ottoman) or maybe even the Bivvy Loo which packs away very small. The advantage of the Trebolo is that we can do away with the can and funnel :D

Who knew a loo thread could be so interesting? :)

We have the Cadac 2 and very happy with it, but I would recommend windshields. You can get ones specifically designed for the Cadac that can be packed away with the cooker.

Thetford 335 feels more civilised but does take up space (easily hidden in plain sight in a Dunelm folding ottoman. The down side is emptying and cleaning is a little bit ‘full on’ if you are of a delicate nature.

Bivvy Loo….. much less space taken up…… well suited to occasional use…… but to need to be ‘OK’ with pooing in a bag :D ( best to use a little cat litter or sawdust in the bag and deffo no wee! ). As for wee ……. a 5 litre container like a plastic oil can or similar and a funnel is surprisingly easy and convenient (yes ladies!)

Toilets! we all gotta go some time! :D
We find an old Comfort fabric softener bottle works well, with a large opening.

We have a Cadac Safari Chef 30 pro - it's excellent. I get the accessorising excitement, we've all been there, but remember space is limited and enthusiasm for accessories usually less so . . . you'll be playing tetris every time you go away if you're not careful. Most on here would recommend just pack the bare essentials for your first few trips and get to know what works and doesn't for you.
I recently purchased the Safari Chef Pro - cook pretty much anything on it - I got the Pizza stone and that's good too - Go outdoors is the best price with discount - and when in EHU I have a Vango 2 hob induction hob - never used the one in the van

I recently purchased the Safari Chef Pro - cook pretty much anything on it - I got the Pizza stone and that's good too - Go outdoors is the best price with discount - and when in EHU I have a Vango 2 hob induction hob - never used the one in the van
Using it as a toilet?