Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule G2 Rain Blocker

P

Pohnjiper

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi,

Has anyone fitted the Thule G2 Rain Blocker sides and front to their T6? If so has anyone got any instructions or tips as the Thule instructions are useless!
It looks like I need to fit some bits to the awning so I can attach the poles for the sides!

Thanks

JP

There is one bit with a bolt in it which one end of the pole goes into and there is the same part already in place at the drivers door (I think, it has been a while since I fitted mine). This in on the fixed side of the awning. On the wind out side, there are 2 plastic parts to fit which have half cups where the ends on the pole sit. These have to be screwed in and needs a very small pilot hole. The pokes themselves are spring loaded so you can wind them out for a tighter fit.
Hope that helps but if you want photos, let me know.

Cheers Scott. I think I understand now

You can use a decent double sided adhesive pad instead of a screw for the plastic cups (its similar to the thule rafter awning, poor instuctions + head scratching!)

You can use a decent double sided adhesive pad instead of a screw for the plastic cups (its similar to the thule rafter awning, poor instuctions + head scratching!)
I did wonder if I could do that. I’ve got some really good 3M tape so I’ll give that a go first