Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This has fallen off the underneath of my Cali…

powysjune

powysjune

VIP Member
Heard a dragging noise under the van and this piece of metal was coming loose - think it might be the heat shield for the diesel heater but would be grateful for any advice on how to fix/ replace it.IMG_4772.jpeg

Heard a dragging noise under the van and this piece of metal was coming loose - think it might be the heat shield for the diesel heater but would be grateful for any advice on how to fix/ replace it.View attachment 119707
That definitely looks like heat shield material. One of mine above the transmission (4 motion) got bent after a high speed dive through a shallow puddle and started to rub against the driveshaft. Just got underneath and bent it back into place. That's the time I noticed that the item is pretty flimsy.

Yours seems to have been mauled a bit - possibly rubbing on the road.

Get under the van and check - If the screw holes are still intact then you should be able to screw I back in place.

A dealer fix will be quite expensive.

I would see how best to repair that piece and get it back on. Heat shield material is available to buy online.

Another cheeky method - If you have AA, call them in and mention that a part of your van fell off and you're not sure if it is safe to dive the van. The AA man will come and suggest a solution or may just fix it back in place for you.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Agree with kurienp it might be this, looks like you've lost some fixing points. Seen this on ebay. good luck.
1708850483695.png

Thank you both, that’s really helpful. I’ve found the heat shield material online and just ordered some so we can make a replacement - useful to know what it should look like! I love this forum, it’s so useful.

Back