Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking of buying a T6- which one is best?

Dipps

Dipps

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello one and all - having just had a great (if windy) weekend on the Jurassic coast in a rented Cali 150 T6 dsg - now I am keen to buy - question is what engine output should I go for (its got to be a auto) ? The 150 seemed fine and plenty pokey enough for the laid back sort of driving that is Cali life but .... thoughts please

150 works for me. You have tried a 150 on hire test a 199 at a dealer.

The best is the 204. I find that DSG auto masks some of the power.
I might go 204 4 motion manual if I ordered again.

The 199 or 204 will obviously provide more performance response at speed for overtaking or keeping with the traffic flow from lights etc.
Benefits to me are, ability to accelerate quickly into a gap in the faster lane without being blocked in, holds cruise up hills without any strain/drama.
I wouldn't say that it is essential and ultimately a personal choice based on a balance of money/costs and personal preferences.

I'm happy with my 150 DSG Beach & is nippy enough even when fully laden,
handling isn't as good as a sports car so not like I'm pushing it on small roads

The 199 or 204 will obviously provide more performance response at speed for overtaking or keeping with the traffic flow from lights etc.
Benefits to me are, ability to accelerate quickly into a gap in the faster lane without being blocked in, holds cruise up hills without any strain/drama.
I wouldn't say that it is essential and ultimately a personal choice based on a balance of money/costs and personal preferences.
If it is a 150 DSG you hardly notice it has dropped a gear or two on hills, it would have to be a pretty steep gradient to actually slow down.

Thanks everybody - helpful comments - I will test drive a 204 or 199 (whichever it is now!) so I can feel if there is a material difference.