Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The cost of insurance for a Beach versus Ocean versus Caravelle

scimmiamagia!

scimmiamagia!

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just gathering costs for insurance on a T6 Beach.

1 Seems most insurers consider it a motorhome not a car, despite often referring to it as an 'estate'. Is the California as far as the DVLA concerned a car, van or something else, and are insurers classifying it differently?
2 Quotes coming back for a caravelle are nearly half that of the beach.
3 Tracker makes zero difference.

Any recommendations on where to insure (based in a south west london borough so i know i am going to get rinsed wherever I go)?

My experience of an Ocean; treated as a motorhome (got the impression that was the "California" component, not the trim level). Trackers have little effect on premiums in my experience, but do open up options with insurers who wouldn't insure otherwise which may in turn provider more competitive quotes. If it's parked on the road outside your house the rinsing level will increase.

We have our T6 Beach insured with LV. Not sure what they have classed it as as it doesn't say on the documents!

Comfort is another good dedicated insurer.

Just had my renewal for a T5 beach with LV .
says on the renewal VW MOTORCARAVAN Comprehensive Last year £308.16 renewal this year£395.05

Give Safeguard UK a try - we got our Ocean insured through them; 10k miles, commuting and two drivers and comes in at 400 per annum.

My insurance is up for renewal. T6 Beach. Yesterday I found out about ComparetheMarkets Campervan/Motorhome sub-site.

Below are the results for comparable levels of insurance although there are some specific benefits between the providers (accessory insurance etc). For me none of these benefits were deal breakers.

Adrian Flux (current insurer) - £390
Comfort - £400
LV - 490
Caravan and Montorhome Club (includes membership - £380

And the winner is:
Scenic - £278

I'm in North London and have the same problem - quotes all over the place. DirectLine won't cover my Beach. Admiral multi-insurance (with house and another car) is £545 renewal. LV quote is £873, Comfort £791, Scenic £680.

How are you getting on with your search?

Just gathering costs for insurance on a T6 Beach.

1 Seems most insurers consider it a motorhome not a car, despite often referring to it as an 'estate'. Is the California as far as the DVLA concerned a car, van or something else, and are insurers classifying it differently?
2 Quotes coming back for a caravelle are nearly half that of the beach.
3 Tracker makes zero difference.

Any recommendations on where to insure (based in a south west london borough so i know i am going to get rinsed wherever I go)?
I had the opposite just goes to show insurance company cons!
Switched from Cali and club joker (both Motorhome/camper insurance high value vehicles (insurance was very reasonable) to a kombi (commercial insurance).
I had quotes on kombi for twice the price! Managed to get it down but was still £100 more to insure than the joker (value was half the price too).
Now the cheapest quote on the kombi is one of the highest insurance companies quotes for the jimny (still commercial).
Carole Nash was the cheapest on jimny at £250 post office who insured kombi was nearly double for new quote.

Think they just pluck figures out of the air!