Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Telephony cradle for i phone 5

C

Cooperman19

Guest User
Can anyone help me out with this enquiry.

I have a stem built into the dash board which houses a telephone cradle for a Nokia from the previous owner. It is fully set up and working via the stereo, charges the phone etc… I have an i phone 5 and am trying to find out whether there is a cradle for the i phone 5 which I can buy, and fit to this system, nobody seems to know, but I am struggling to believe that VW would not have catered for i phone systems. Photos attached.

Any help, advice guidance or recommendations would be very much appreciated. :headbang

IMG_0529.jpg IMG_0530.jpg IMG_0532.jpg

If my memory serves me correctly the only option you'll have with that is to fit a general Bluetooth one if your setup doesn't already have BT.

I have seen these in early MK5 Golf's and I'm not sure they are still supported.

Steve at SMG may know more.

I can't find a pic of the part I'm thinking of but I vageuly recall they are made by Bury.

Something like this?

IMG_0870.jpg

Thanks Stu,

I have e mailed Steve at SMG with the photos and he is looking into it also, appreciate this may just be an outdated system. I bought the Cali from a friend and his Nokia was working okay in the cradle shown in the uk, not sure which network so was hoping it could be replaced. :thumb I'm currently making do with a Jabra cruiser 2 which works fine it's just frustrating looking at the stem and wondering if there is anything out there. Not the end of the world if not.

It might actually be that if your current system doesn't support BT that you can upgrade. I have upgraded a Golf which had this to one which had BT from the controller without needing the cradle

Interesting, I will have a good look into it before accepting defeat, will let you know if we have any success.

Thanks once again for your help :thumb

Back