Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Taylormade vs. Silverscreen's Any Experience?

M

MickyBlue

VIP Member
Looking for some insight into any differences between the above.

We had a Silverscreen's one for our X250 Ducato based MH, which was very good. They look very similar on the web. Has anyone seen them both in the flesh for a T5 facelift?

The only thing I can see is the Silverscreen's one is £20 dearer, but is the fabric better?

TIA
Mike

Hi Mike

We had a Silver Screen on our previous motorhome and now have a TaylorMade on our Cali, to be honest I think the material is identical and also both made to a very high standard with good quality Velcro etc... The only thing I don't remember having on the silver screen are the magnets at the bottom of the screen that secure it to the bonnet ( not that we make use of them) just make sure you get one that folds down at the front to let some light in during the day as our old Silver Screen did not have this but I think they now offer this as an option.

Thanks Martin.

We had the Silverscreens one that folded on the X250 we had. It was a tight fit to get on and well made. Maybe it wasn't as long as the TM one so maybe didn't need the magnets??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

We have a Taylormade with magnets that is great.
P1020009.jpg

Also have external Taylormade, excellent quality and does what it says on the tin, in other words NO CONDENSATION :)

I do not use the magnets and have never needed to, I do not like the idea of having something that could possibly rub against the paintwork and besides it is extra'"faff" that I don't need ;)

WHATS THE ROPE FOR just lift your wiper blades up then put on the silver screen .i like tailor-made much nicer to deal with ,