Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tab for air vent

laurentfox

laurentfox

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Greetings all,
I'm wondering if any of you have had a similar problem with the little tab that allows you to move the vent louvers up/down/right/left, breaking apart and if so, how do you repair it? Is it possible to remove the louvers as some pieces are still stuck in there. I have attached a couple of photos to help show what I'm talking about. Thanks much!

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Thanks Welsh Gas, I'll give that a try. Was thinking of swapping out my RNS510 since it's not working well with my iphone so I could do at the same time. One problem is that one of the air vents by the passenger window also has a broken tab. Very strange that I would have 3 out of 4 break like that...

Thanks Welsh Gas, I'll give that a try. Was thinking of swapping out my RNS510 since it's not working well with my iphone so I could do at the same time. One problem is that one of the air vents by the passenger window also has a broken tab. Very strange that I would have 3 out of 4 break like that...
I think you can get to the end ones by taking the dash end panels off.

Remember if you are disconnecting any of the airbag warning system DON'T SWITCH THE IGNITION ON with it disconnected!!
If you do you will have an airbag failure warning that you can't reset without the help of someone / dealer with diagnostic kit VCDS etc

Rod

Back