Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Tailgate Trim Panel Part number

Blackpoolcali

Blackpoolcali

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
HI All

I have a 2010 California SE 4Motion (Geovanni), and recently someone hit the back of him and wrecked the tailgate, bumper etc, then drove off (Charming)
Not wanting to go through my insurance and raise it yet further, I decided as all the parts are bolt on, I would fix it myself (I am quite capable having restored other VW campers) I was unable to get hold of a T5.1 tailgate in good order, so bought a T6 setup (Tailgate/Lights/Bumper etc from a well know auction site) the correct colour from a 2017 Caravelle, The only thing that doesn't appear to transfer across is the plastic trim that goes around the tailgate window with the handle for the blind, so, now you have read my recent life story, my question is does anyone know the VW part number for this item? or does anyone have a spare one they are willing to sell.

I did search through the forums for the part number but I couldn't find it, but that might be me.

Thanks in advance

David

Rod you are my hero!

That was just what I needed and now I have the part being delivered to me in the next week.

Not only that I now know where I can find all the bits I need to bring my Cali up to scratch.

Thank you very much

David

Rod you are my hero!

That was just what I needed and now I have the part being delivered to me in the next week.

Not only that I now know where I can find all the bits I need to bring my Cali up to scratch.

Thank you very much

David
David, no special thanks needed. I've been an active Volkswagen Club man for almost fifty five years where we are all dedicated to helping other enthusiasts wherever we can. My serious interest as well as motorhomes is with the Historic Volkswagen Club.

Ah Rod now you’re talking, my first car was a 62 Beetle, rescued from a scrap yard by my dad and done up by myself, next I had a 72 T2 Panel van, which we converted (roughly) to a campervan that my wife and I holidayed in for a few years until tin worm got the better of it, still sold it for a profit though. My latest foray into VW is a 1986 T3 Autohomes campervan water cooled 1.9, I bought it needing lots of welding and mechanical restoration which I have completed, the wife wanted something newer so we bought the California which we love but secretly my heart lies with the T3, my intention is to restore it fully to its former glory for shows and days out. That’s a fantastic website, i’m going to join up as I think my T3 scrapes in as a classic.

IMG_1316.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg

Ah Rod now you’re talking, my first car was a 62 Beetle, rescued from a scrap yard by my dad and done up by myself, next I had a 72 T2 Panel van, which we converted (roughly) to a campervan that my wife and I holidayed in for a few years until tin worm got the better of it, still sold it for a profit though. My latest foray into VW is a 1986 T3 Autohomes campervan water cooled 1.9, I bought it needing lots of welding and mechanical restoration which I have completed, the wife wanted something newer so we bought the California which we love but secretly my heart lies with the T3, my intention is to restore it fully to its former glory for shows and days out. That’s a fantastic website, i’m going to join up as I think my T3 scrapes in as a classic.
My son has owned an air-cooled 1982 Westfalia Type 25 (T3) in the past as have we. Now he has recently acquired a 1989 diesel Westfalia Type 25 which needs serious engine repairs however the body and interior are in excellent condition. He has it as his 50th birthday project.

My VW classic is a 1946 Beetle, seen many times in classic VW media.

Lower picture is during a trip to Bad Camberg in Germany for a classic VW show in 2019. Interesting driving a 25bhp car with a non-synchro gearbox and cable brakes amongst the HGVs on the autobahn although my wife drove 'shotgun' in the T6. It's a 1200mile round trip.

1700258856873.png
1700259077902.png

Back