Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 shower alternative

Cal’ish

Cal’ish

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the attachment point of the tailgate follows some sort of standard? I’d like to use it to clean my mountain bike after muddy rides, which would require a shower head with a narrower (higher pressure) beam.

Cheers!

Following with interest

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

It started off with me googling portable bike cleaners, of which there are many, but they all have integrated tanks which seems redundant since I can just put a hose into my own 40L water tank and power a potential pump with 12v. But then it hit me that the Cali already already has an integrated pump connected to a water tank So now I just need the final component.

I think this may be it, Reich connector.

Perhaps I’m approaching this all wrong. Maybe it’s just a matter of swapping the shower head to one which has adjustable settings?

Or maybe change it to a nozzle similar to that of the portable cleaners you were looking at. I don't know if the pressure produced by the pump will be high enough though, the stream from the shower head isn't that great.

Agree. Need to check if the nozzle fitting follows some established standard. And yeah pressure is rubbish but a more concentrated beam might make up for that.

The pump in the Cali is not powerful enough to wash a muddy bike. It be better at washing off soap or just getting sand off your feet.

I would go for a dedicated bike wash system for a muddy mountain bike.

A soft brush and the cali shower will may do the trick though.

The pump in the Cali is not powerful enough to wash a muddy bike. It be better at washing off soap or just getting sand off your feet.

I would go for a dedicated bike wash system for a muddy mountain bike.

A soft brush and the cali shower will may do the trick though.
Any advice on one that does not include a water container?

VW source the external shower point and hose etc. from Reich and you can buy them elsewhere.

If you just want a connector, they’re the same as external bbq connectors. The gas connectors lack the side pin of the shower one that serves no function other than to stop shower heads being connected to gas, so work in a shower without modification.

Any advice on one that does not include a water container?
A simple step would be to upgrade the pump . See thread here https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...e-flow-rate-of-the-standard-water-pump.39371/

The other (better, more powerful) option would be to get a pump such as this and tap into the water tank + power from cigarette lighter socket in the boot

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MTNBHPT/?tag=eliteelect-21

Someone on here had done it, but cannot find the thread

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Do you think this one needs to receive the water supply via a proper tap or could I just dump the supply hose into the water tank?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PN857H2/?tag=eliteelect-21
That looks like a pre-built option and will work well. The things to consider:
a) one part of the pipe will always be in your tank - consider fitting a Hozelock quick connector to make the part of attaching and detaching easier
b) it is 80W so may blow the fuse attached to the rear cig lighter, but that is fine, you can then upgrade the fuse. I think the standard one is 5AMPS

Personally, if I had to do it, I would get a good pump (like the seaflow link in the thread above) and all Hozelock fittings and build that setup. Will be of much better quality, will be lighter (compared to the metal sprayer in the pic), and you will be able to decide upon the length that you need. :thumb

However, for infrequent use, the one that you have linked to will just work fine :thumb

Back