Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean rear bumper with parking sensor replacement

wildslammer22

wildslammer22

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Looking for some help. I was rear ended yesterday while stationery at traffic lights. The perpetrator promptly sped away narrowly avoiding a head on collision with oncoming traffic, over took the 20 or so cars in front of me and jumped the red light. It’s safe to assume from said actions that the driver was uninsured, drunk, the car stolen or all three! Sadly no dash cam and didn’t manage to get the registration number and nor did the car behind or in front.

So long story short I’m not expecting to have any insurance to claim against. Luckily I had the tow ball fitted which saved more extensive damage (small comfort that it would have made a mess of his/her front end) but the rear bumper is cracked.

As I don’t have protected no claims I’m asking if anyone in the community has had rear bumper replaced recently and at what cost so I can make a judgement on whether to claim and lose my NCB or suck it up and pay for a replacement.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looking for some help. I was rear ended yesterday while stationery at traffic lights. The perpetrator promptly sped away narrowly avoiding a head on collision with oncoming traffic, over took the 20 or so cars in front of me and jumped the red light. It’s safe to assume from said actions that the driver was uninsured, drunk, the car stolen or all three! Sadly no dash cam and didn’t manage to get the registration number and nor did the car behind or in front.

So long story short I’m not expecting to have any insurance to claim against. Luckily I had the tow ball fitted which saved more extensive damage (small comfort that it would have made a mess of his/her front end) but the rear bumper is cracked.

As I don’t have protected no claims I’m asking if anyone in the community has had rear bumper replaced recently and at what cost so I can make a judgement on whether to claim and lose my NCB or suck it up and pay for a replacement.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From LLL Parts the Bumper is from £ 350 but will need painting.

From LLL Parts the Bumper is from £ 350 but will need painting.

Thanks, that’s helpful. If you can help me find the b*****d that hit me and drove off I’d be very grateful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a supplier on Ebay original Painted bumpers removed from newish vehicles, all see,pm to have Parking sensors, from memory they are about £250 each, you may be lucky with the colour choice

painting New original bumper allow another £200+ On top of the bumper cost

Back