Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 DSG problem

J

Jasper062

Vehicle
N/A
Hello everyone need advice on a problem with my new t6 DSG
I have had van for 3 mouths and have a noise
From DSG box been told by VW new box needed but after this short time and 3 thousand miles I want a new van.
Where do I stand on this as I don't want a van which has had an engine and gear box split

my own view- I would not be happy with a repair to gearbox and would be happy with a new box offer. & another van while off the road

If VW would give a whole new Cali when a gearbox problem should accure , i would also be hearing noises on my DSG....:D
No way you get new Cali , a new " van " as you call it.....

Could be a 7 month wait for a new van!
Just go for the new box and try for some extended warranty.

Hi all
So by the sounds of it you'd all be happy with a new box.
The funny thing is vw service are kind of
I should want a replacement new Cali

If VW would give a whole new Cali when a gearbox problem should accure , i would also be hearing noises on my DSG....:D
No way you get new Cali , a new " van " as you call it.....
Yes get your point but it's only 3 months old

Personally I see no problem with a replacement DSG box and extended warranty.

I think you will not get very far with requesting a replacement vehicle. My EGR valve had to be replaced at 900 miles and being a 180 BiTurbo the whole front end had to be dismantled and it was 10 days old. Never even crossed my mind about having a replacement vehicle. That's the whole point of the warranty. These things happen. They cannot test every component to any significant degree after manufacture.

I wouldn't be very happy about it and would be looking for an extended warranty.
I presume they are legally meeting their obligations but it is bad luck so you have my sympathy and best wishes with squeezing something out of them

Mike

I think I would ask them for an undertaking, in writing, that should there be any further problems with the gearbox after it is replaced, or any other serious faults found within the warranty period that they would then replace the vehicle. I owned a VW that turned into a nightmare and the more work they did the more problems we had with it; swapped it after twelve months but it cost me a lot of money.

3000 miles ago the engine and gearbox were separate entities, made in different places, and only came together when your Cali was built.
What is concerning is the problem appearing after such a short period. Have they given any more information as to the problem?
That said, assuming you bought it new from the dealer three months ago you have many new rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - these rights may exceed any rights under the warranty, so research and make representations.
Your dealer is the supplier, not VW, your contract is with the dealer, so likewise, don't be fobbed off.

3000 miles ago the engine and gearbox were separate entities, made in different places, and only came together when your Cali was built.
What is concerning is the problem appearing after such a short period. Have they given any more information as to the problem?
That said, assuming you bought it new from the dealer three months ago you have many new rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - these rights may exceed any rights under the warranty, so research and make representations.
Your dealer is the supplier, not VW, your contract is with the dealer, so likewise, don't be fobbed off.

If credit or loan was used for any part of the purchase then your contract is with the loan company not the dealer.
Contact the CAB, as said above do your homework and don't be fobbed of if you are not happy.

3 months since you took delivery. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 only talks about length of time since purchase. I guess in this case the two, purchase/delivery are the same. You can look here for : https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/a...e-consumer-work/the-consumer-rights-act-2015/

If your cali is less than six months old the faulty item can be repaired or replaced and only if neither of these options are possible/available are you entitled to your money back (in most cases) - i.e. a replacement. If your dealer has offered to replace your faulty gearbox, as you say, that offer is within the rights laid out in the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Your only hope for getting your money back (replacement) is if the warranty from VW allows this or the dealer is feeling particularly benevolent - neither of which likely, but always worth a check!

Should you be happy with a replacement gearbox? I think so, Why? Well worse, in my humble view, could be they try and repair it, which they are entitled to do under the Consumer Rights Act, and who know's how long that would take or what other troubles could ensue as a result.

Advice? Accept the replacement, but insist on a loan vehicle during the time your cali is off the road.

Hope this helps - keep us all up to date on progress.

3 months since you took delivery. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 only talks about length of time since purchase. I guess in this case the two, purchase/delivery are the same. You can look here for : https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/a...e-consumer-work/the-consumer-rights-act-2015/

If your cali is less than six months old the faulty item can be repaired or replaced and only if neither of these options are possible/available are you entitled to your money back (in most cases) - i.e. a replacement. If your dealer has offered to replace your faulty gearbox, as you say, that offer is within the rights laid out in the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Your only hope for getting your money back (replacement) is if the warranty from VW allows this or the dealer is feeling particularly benevolent - neither of which likely, but always worth a check!

Should you be happy with a replacement gearbox? I think so, Why? Well worse, in my humble view, could be they try and repair it, which they are entitled to do under the Consumer Rights Act, and who know's how long that would take or what other troubles could ensue as a result.

Advice? Accept the replacement, but insist on a loan vehicle during the time your cali is off the road.

Hope this helps - keep us all up to date on progress.
My comments assume, Jasper062, that you bought your Cali new.

If credit or loan was used for any part of the purchase then your contract is with the loan company not the dealer.
Contact the CAB, as said above do your homework and don't be fobbed of if you are not happy.
Agreed, but steps to resolve the situation with the supplier must have been attempted before recourse to the credit provider.
Some good examples here
http://www.financial-ombudsman.org....es/goods-and-services-bought-with-credit.html
Note there is an upper limit on the value of the goods - different according to what type of credit used...