Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Cali Video

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
http://rtlnord.de/nachrichten/einzigartige-fussballnacht.html

First I've seen! Interior wood looks a lot lighter in the one and whats going on with the roof? It looks either double skinned or like it has a internal topper? Have they made the roof more water proof?

T62_zpsxae1v8in.png

Also intrigued by the panel on the side above the rear seat where the climatronic controls are as it looks like a unit with two dials.. maybe its a revised version but if that's the case why are there no vents on the opposite side?

T6_zpsgldgmuhz.png

Last edited:
the rear heating controls look the same as ours which is the none climatronic. one dial for temperature one for fan speed & no vents on the kitchen side.

Mine didn't come with the pretty lady either. Is that an option on the T6?

the rear heating controls look the same as ours which is the none climatronic. one dial for temperature one for fan speed & no vents on the kitchen side.

Same on mine ....

This is not a promo video from VW .....the are using the Cali for a contest...

From an aesthetic point of view my first impression is I'm not sure now I've seen it in built form that I like the way it looks. It looks big eyed and all rounded, soft and Japanese people carrier styled.
My T5.1 looks edgy and a bit more aggressive especially with the Sportline Spoilers.
Hopefully Sportline bits will be available again to toughen it up.
The interior however looks great

Does look like an internal topper. If it was a standard fitment VW would have made sure we knew about the upgrade.

I think the extreme wide angle lens on the camera is the reason for the odd appearance on the external shots.

Just read a review from a Guy who went to the Limmer plant and he said that the roof canvass is made of a new synthetic material that appeared to be a lot more water proof.
He also said the roof now has dimmable led lights in the roof. There are new Led lights in the boot with a switch on the side. There is a new clip on cup holder that fits on the fold out table rail.. but thats about it other then the new fabric and unit colours.
The guy talks about blinds in the front cab but whether they will make it in the RHD as they didn't before.

Have you got a link for the review?

The English translation of the Caliboard link confirms that the T6 is only a T5.2, which we all ready knew. Having sold SusiBus due to being unable to use it this year, and waiting to order aT6, I've been a little concerned about the possible long wait until they are available in the UK, so had a chat with VW yesterday.

Unfortunately I didn't get much information about the launch date of the Cali in the UK other than as yet there isn't one. Beginning to regret selling SusiBus because 4 Mo dsg 180's must be like rocking horse s_ _ _ now.

The info I did get was that UK Transporter deliveries start Sept/Oct. Caravelle/Shuttle deliveries Nov, spec for them now available. Cali Ocean engines to be 150/204 ps ( 204 = 201.2 bhp apparently! ) Pehaps the 204 ps Euro 6 engine that does 60 mpg will make the change worthwhile! As the Caravelle platform is the base for the Cali, and that is now available in RHD, the Cali shouldn't be far behind.

Just hope I get one to enjoy the 2016 summer!

The English translation of the Caliboard link confirms that the T6 is only a T5.2, which we all ready knew. Having sold SusiBus due to being unable to use it this year, and waiting to order aT6, I've been a little concerned about the possible long wait until they are available in the UK, so had a chat with VW yesterday.

Unfortunately I didn't get much information about the launch date of the Cali in the UK other than as yet there isn't one. Beginning to regret selling SusiBus because 4 Mo dsg 180's must be like rocking horse s_ _ _ now.

The info I did get was that UK Transporter deliveries start Sept/Oct. Caravelle/Shuttle deliveries Nov, spec for them now available. Cali Ocean engines to be 150/204 ps ( 204 = 201.2 bhp apparently! ) Pehaps the 204 ps Euro 6 engine that does 60 mpg will make the change worthwhile! As the Caravelle platform is the base for the Cali, and that is now available in RHD, the Cali shouldn't be far behind.

Just hope I get one to enjoy the 2016 summer!

If you think you will be able to use many of the 201.2 bhp and get 60mpg then you are going to be disappointed!
You will also be extremely lucky to get delivery for summer 2016.

If you think you will be able to use many of the 201.2 bhp and get 60mpg then you are going to be disappointed!
Nice to have it though :cool:

Signed ....

A. Petrolhead Esq

Thanks Rippers. After Google Chrome translates the above link for 'Caliboard' it creates some interesting and hilarious reading. Most is understandable, but some are pretty entertaining translations, wondering what on earth they're talking about. Esp in the following messages. Maybe Google Chrome has a sense of humour.

Does anyone know what the "comfort panel in the Beach" might be as mentioned as possibly some thing to order at a later date?

I know I'm harping on about it but I'm thinking buying now was the best thing for me as I can get three years use with the present van with no worries and by then the T6 will be available in all formats (I would like a petrol too) and hopefully drive the deal would have got their grubby mitts on them too so we can negotiate a good price. The first few will no doubt have teething problems anyway.

Also I translated that the auto tailgate closing wasn't a feature on the T6 Cali because of the chairs in the boot? thats a huge shame IMO

Back