Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 sat nav lost the plot.

Jim Haviland

Jim Haviland

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Driving back from Homebase this morning and suddenly noticed the sat nav map moving vigorously. It finally settled and placed me on the M4 near Reading - about 15 miles North of where I was !! I thought it had lost the satellite and would correct itself which it did not.

Kept checking it over the following 2 hours whilst sat on the drive and it had me sitting in the middle of Reading / miles from where I was.

It did correct itself after about 4 hours but as I am about to go on a trip to Cornwall I have booked it in with local dealers to check .
Anyone else experienced this?

Driving back from Homebase this morning and suddenly noticed the sat nav map moving vigorously. It finally settled and placed me on the M4 near Reading - about 15 miles North of where I was !! I thought it had lost the satellite and would correct itself which it did not.

Kept checking it over the following 2 hours whilst sat on the drive and it had me sitting in the middle of Reading / miles from where I was.

It did correct itself after about 4 hours but as I am about to go on a trip to Cornwall I have booked it in with local dealers to check .
Yes I had this about a month ago on my MY21 150 Ocean. Was out by about 10 miles for my 16 mile journey to work one morning but had corrected itself by the afternoon.
I’ve got a discover media pro unit.
Just happened the once, couldn’t figure out why!

Check the aerial connections are pushed in properly on the the back of the head unit.

Yes, was strange as Vw sat nav showed me about 10 miles from where I really was and thought I was in the middle of a field. Switching to Using CarPlay google maps showed the correct location.
Sorted itself out when left switched off for a couple of hours.

Yes, was strange as Vw sat nav showed me about 10 miles from where I really was and thought I was in the middle of a field. Switching to Using CarPlay google maps showed the correct location.
Sorted itself out when left switched off for a couple of hours.
Probably Putin playing games.

Back