Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switzerland goes viral

Are the dealers here not also closed at the moment? We're supposed to be collecting our shiny new Beach in April... Not sure how the lock down will effect that. We asked, but responses from the dealers for both our cars are really slow. I think they're all running Kurzarbeit.

Good point - Uster

Then we are very, very close.

I bought my 1st Cali at AMAG in Dübendorf and my 2nd at AMAG in Winterthur.

Dübendorf has at least 2 Grand California’s in stock as I saw them outside, when I drove by a few days ago.

Both dealers I found very friendly, but I think Jannik Frey in Winterthur was more knowledgable about the Cali.

Parking. If you don’t have anywhere to keep it, then there are a lot of farmers that rent out spaces around their barns. You could also find a space in a nearby street, but you may need a parking permit. I’m not too sure about Uster.

Feel free to reach out if you need any help

Ian

Are the dealers here not also closed at the moment? We're supposed to be collecting our shiny new Beach in April... Not sure how the lock down will effect that. We asked, but responses from the dealers for both our cars are really slow. I think they're all running Kurzarbeit.

I’m in the same boat, but I need to sell my current Cali first!

AMAG sent me an email a few days ago. Their showrooms are all closed but the workshops are all open. Servicing as well as new deliveries are running more or less as normal at the moment.
They could be switching to shift work soon though and then things will be a bit slower.

Thanks for the infos everyone - I'm sure that I will have more questions... Meanwhile, plenty of #StayAtHome #Lockdown time to research more :cool:

Thanks for the infos everyone - I'm sure that I will have more questions... Meanwhile, plenty of #StayAtHome #Lockdown time to research more :cool:

We're spending the time practicing recipes from our new family camping cook book! We'll be absolutely rearing to go and fantastic at 1 pot wonders by the time our cali arrives and the apocalypse clears.

I’m in the same boat, but I need to sell my current Cali first!

AMAG sent me an email a few days ago. Their showrooms are all closed but the workshops are all open. Servicing as well as new deliveries are running more or less as normal at the moment.
They could be switching to shift work soon though and then things will be a bit slower.

Ooohhh.... What you going from and to? Ours is a blue and silver 2-seater bench Beach with one of the new fold away hobs. Can't wait!

Soo nice to see so many Swiss Cali enthusiasts - like everyone else around holed up her in Wettingen AG - wishing we could go travelling - ah well - Cheers - zum Wohl - hic!

I'm actually pretty impressed there appears to be a small concentration of us in & around the ZH/AG/ZG area, who'd have thought? The Swiss seem to love their Cali's, or maybe it actually us ex-pats who are driving them and not the Swiss!

There are a few over near Geneva toooooo :))
In Austria half the cars seem to be Multivans and Beaches with the odd Ocean thrown in - families just love the versatility

I'm actually pretty impressed there appears to be a small concentration of us in & around the ZH/AG/ZG area, who'd have thought? The Swiss seem to love their Cali's, or maybe it actually us ex-pats who are driving them and not the Swiss!

Well there are many more
I‘ ve got close friend (with a Cali) in Aarau/Glarus and Uri. However great to have so many Calidrivers here too. It might be worth setting up a meeting this/or next year? I guess we would at least have some German, CH German, English and French speaking members here? That sounds great fun!

Hey everyone! Sounds Great! My wife and I have a Cali and live in Zurich, quite central in Wipkingen. We've had it almost 3 years now, purchased from AMAG in Zug, the guy there was brilliant, so knowledgeable about the vehicle and sorted us right out! They had like 50 brand new Calis left (in May 2017) in the car park, having ordered 100!!! I was astonished, but not surprised at this. Stay safe everyone and dream of escaping into the mountains for camping in the summer! I know I already am.

Hey everyone! Sounds Great! My wife and I have a Cali and live in Zurich, quite central in Wipkingen. We've had it almost 3 years now, purchased from AMAG in Zug, the guy there was brilliant, so knowledgeable about the vehicle and sorted us right out! They had like 50 brand new Calis left (in May 2017) in the car park, having ordered 100!!! I was astonished, but not surprised at this. Stay safe everyone and dream of escaping into the mountains for camping in the summer! I know I already am.
More useful information - Thanks. Just need to get out of the #Lockdown now - Stay safe

We are hoping to get away soon however personal I am afraid that Easter is going to be a mess because everyone tries to sneak to somewhere and meet someone instead of staying at home. To keep us busy we are often talking about where to go and where we went last year and look at some pictures we took.
On our 2020 list: Fischers Fritz in Wollishofen to visit friends&Zurich, Vitznau because it‘s a great place with pool/for kids, Camping Naas next to the Aegeri lake, Camping Erlach to visit relatives fron Geneva...
What about you plans?

Back