Switzerland goes viral

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
With 842 new confirmed cases in 24 hours, infections in Switzerland leap by over 62%.

League table of confirmed infections per million population.
1. Italy - 349.9
2. Switzerland - 256.2
3. Norway - 222.3
4. Iran - 165.9
5. South Korea - 159.2
6. Denmark - 149.2
7. Spain - 145.9
8. Bahrain - 124.6
9. Qatar - 117.0
10. Estonia - 101.8
17. China - 56.2
29. UK - 16.8
38. USA - 9.2

Not much is being reported about Switzerland in the English speaking press, but it's like everything is being closed here and the infection rate is clearly very high. It was always coming though, even with the lock down in Italy, tens of thousands of people still crossed the border to work each day in Switzerland. There's only so many jobs that can use home office though, so people will understandably work to keep earning.

I was surprised this morning when we hit top 5 countries for the infection rate per 1m. Now I'm shocked at the jump to 2nd place today and the massive jump in detected infections. Hopefully that's a sign of very aggressive testing, which will lead to higher levels of control and much less transmission.

So much is closed here and the Head of education for Zürich is talking of schools here possibly being closed for 4 months.

On the ground in central Switzerland though, the apocalypse sounds like children playing in the sunshine. The biggest difference in our village from everyone cancelling their plans is kids home to play our together and people pottering in their gardens.

It's a funny feeling though. Either that or I'm projecting my stress. (I'm a small business owner for a start up serving the aviation industry).

Not much is being reported about Switzerland in the English speaking press, but it's like everything is being closed here and the infection rate is clearly very high. It was always coming though, even with the lock down in Italy, tens of thousands of people still crossed the border to work each day in Switzerland. There's only so many jobs that can use home office though, so people will understandably work to keep earning.

I was surprised this morning when we hit top 5 countries for the infection rate per 1m. Now I'm shocked at the jump to 2nd place today and the massive jump in detected infections. Hopefully that's a sign of very aggressive testing, which will lead to higher levels of control and much less transmission.

So much is closed here and the Head of education for Zürich is talking of schools here possibly being closed for 4 months.

On the ground in central Switzerland though, the apocalypse sounds like children playing in the sunshine. The biggest difference in our village from everyone cancelling their plans is kids home to play our together and people pottering in their gardens.

It's a funny feeling though. Either that or I'm projecting my stress. (I'm a small business owner for a start up serving the aviation industry).
The best info is here https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng

Also Jon has a good conversation thread on his FaceBook page - Search for 'A Shropshire Lad in Switzerland'

According to the press today - 'Interior Minister Alain Berset said border restrictions would be likely at all national borders in the future '
As luck has it the Swiss do make their own toilet paper, so no problem there

I'm about 8km outside ZH, and local Migros & Coop were a bit bare yesterday at 5pm. A lot of meat had been bought, but that's probably because it's such a crackingly nice day here that the Swiss were just buying to go out BBQ'ing today which is a national sport when it's sunny. However, even with a lack of tinned goods and pasta, there was plenty left.
I would expect our other shops to be shut soon just like the other countries. Also the travel restrictions and isolation rules.
Also, I predict other countries will have similar leaps in numbers as the testing gets more streamlined. Especially places where the healthcare is well organised. We have the army on standby or helping already with the medical side.

It seems we have quite a contingent of Swiss residents on here

I’m also just outside Zürich and except for the lack of pasta, rice and meat at my local supermarket yesterday, life seems to go on as normal. At one place though, the only problem seemed to be restocking the shelves quick enough although I was disappointed that there were only 30 different types of cheese and not the usual 70+

Lots of people biking and rollerblading around Greifensee, kids playing and people out for strolls.

Yes, I noticed lots of people out jogging, cycling too. We spent the afternoon at our daughter's small plot of land nearby cooking Cervelas and chilling out.

p.s. Hi Ian (I'm also an Ian!) we are just at the top of the hill between Zürichsee and Greifensee, with a well known international school close by...

p.s. Hi Ian (I'm also an Ian!) we are just at the top of the hill between Zürichsee and Greifensee, with a well known international school close by...

Hi Ian, and I’m at the bottom of that hill
Maybe we need a mini Swiss meet but no more than 100 people

I spent the day cleaning the Cali inside as it’s up for sale, if you know anyone...?
I think there would be plenty of buyers as nobody will be able to fly anywhere, or stay in hotels, for a holiday!!??
I'll ask around for you...

Great weather here in Central Switzerland. Our School is closed until the 4th of April. I am trying to start some vids for our school kids to support them.
Our Cali might be my homeoffice next to school

296f7c0863f22bcde0f2c88dcf1bc822.jpg

6b02d7ee05cd5e72a55b086b9aa913e2.jpg

The best info is here https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng

Also Jon has a good conversation thread on his FaceBook page - Search for 'A Shropshire Lad in Switzerland'

I subscribed to NZZ, which is hitting the 24 hr news cycle that I seem to have become obsessed with over the last couple of years.

I do dip into the local, but can't really get on with it for some reason.

Cheers for the A Shropshire Lad in Switzerland tip!

Maybe someone can give me advice on a couple of things:
  1. Friendly VW dealer as I am looking to buy a Grand California 680
  2. Where to park a GC680 when purchased

Maybe someone can give me advice on a couple of things:
  1. Friendly VW dealer as I am looking to buy a Grand California 680
  2. Where to park a GC680 when purchased
1. A few people on here have got their GC from breeze Poole. They are good
2. My driveway, leave the keys with me and I will take good care of it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Another Swiss Cali here...this time from Canton Fribourg. All quiet here. We managed to get away for one night this year in the Jura before this got so serious. What fantastic weather we have been having for camping but we all need to be responsible..

Back