Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swanage

BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello all

Im looking at going to Swanage for a long weekend in May, has anyone stayed down this way, and can recommend a good campsite. We will obviously be in a California, and our friends a tent.

Thanks in advance

Oli

Oli great area as you are right next to Studland Bay. We stayed at a nice campsite very close to Corfe Castle but sorry can't remember the name.

You can take the Steam Railway down to Swanage from Corfe which makes a fun day out for the Kids and also visit the Castle.

Have fun.

Thanks John, we have been there before, but in a static home. If you can remember the name of the site that would be most helpful. We are also taking our Rib down with us, so we can do a bit of fishing, skating etc :D

We stayed at woodyhyde, right alongside the railway and a 10 min walk over fields to Hartman corner station. Half way between corfe and swanage. There's also tom's field at Langton matravers which is good too. The ccc site near corfe is reputedly good, but we've never managed to get in there when we want to. Last year we also spent a late evening parked on the promenade. I am not sure whether overnight parking is ok, but would be nice.

Thanks will take a look

I'm pretty sure i've seen small campervans at Toms' Field You can walk across the fields to the coast path or Square and Compass pub(splendid real ale and pasty pub- sometimes has really cool music too) or beautiful heathland walks from Burnbake

Subject to speaking to Burnbake today, looks like we are going there. It turns out my wife went there as a child.