Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Start / Stop Function = button delete

just fitted mine,simple enough job and works a treat.

Controversial opinion regarding the Stop/Start here. I like the idea that it gives a good indication if I have a DPF regen running. I know that there is the subtle increase in idle revs too, but for me its a quick guide as whether I want to switch off instantly or wait for the regen to complete. But I'll agree to the downsides too.

Controversial opinion regarding the Stop/Start here. I like the idea that it gives a good indication if I have a DPF regen running. I know that there is the subtle increase in idle revs too, but for me its a quick guide as whether I want to switch off instantly or wait for the regen to complete. But I'll agree to the downsides too.
you can leave it in the 'normal' position too. it just remembers the last setting,that is all it is doing. so in heavy traffic you want start stop to work just press the button again,can't see whats so controversial about that

You can deactivate via VAGCOM Pro. Not sure if a garage will do it though

You can deactivate via VAGCOM Pro. Not sure if a garage will do it though
yes i saw that ,theres a vid on youtube. does it let you turn it back on by just pressing the button though or do you have to vagicom it again ?

yes i saw that ,theres a vid on youtube. does it let you turn it back on by just pressing the button though or do you have to vagicom it again ?
I would imagine it needs to be reprogrammed each time. The cheap hardware mods are better for toggling. Just remember to remove it before a service.

I would imagine it needs to be reprogrammed each time. The cheap hardware mods are better for toggling. Just remember to remove it before a service.
can't see how they would ever know without taking the dash apart as it still works as normal. as for servicing i do mine myself anyway

The cable is behind the dash,

under normal circumstances no one woukd know it’s there , the fact that you can switch to permanently off or normal operation should mean that there is no effect on warranty, as it’s no different to pressing the button on the dash, albeit you don’t have to press the button to get the desired effect.

several weeks in a all is good with mine

Back