Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Squeaky sun shade

amdby

amdby

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, so the only annoying rattle in my cali is the grating squeak from the sun blind as I drive along. I can put my hand out of the window and grip it, but this is not a long term solution has anyone found a solution for this? Thanks.

Hi, so the only annoying rattle in my cali is the grating squeak from the sun blind as I drive along. I can put my hand out of the window and grip it, but this is not a long term solution has anyone found a solution for this? Thanks.
What year is your vehicle?

Couple of things to try I found helped-

1) wind it all the way out and all the way back again, making sure it’s collecting evenly and tightly;

2) once it appears fully closed, tighten it further with an extra push on the winder. You’ll hear the friction in the canvas as it tightens a little more.

It’s also worth checking your telescopic legs are properly stowed and that the factory fitted rubber cushions where parts meet are still in place and functional.

You could also use a bit of Velcro at each end to pull it tight
5EECE6DB-367E-44D5-AD36-9E5F0D8B6974.jpeg

What do they cost at VW in the UK? I paid less than €6 at an official VW dealer.
Have yet to install them, as my awning is still off my van. Now I have a lot less rattles. That is why I bought the set.

Back