Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

'Sporty' examples?

James said:
I'd drop the electric sliding door - add xenons - not like for like in cost but I think they are worth it.

I really like the electric door (my friend's caravalle has them!) - I also really like the xenon lights but at £1200 they're a costly extra (guess they do add that sporty feel though).

Damn!

Might be because its my new toy but its a standard 4motion and I think it looks sporty

image.jpg

Those 18" canberras and Xenons don't look *massively* standard to me, lol

Looks superb for it tho :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

simonp820 said:
James said:
I'd drop the electric sliding door - add xenons - not like for like in cost but I think they are worth it.

I really like the electric door (my friend's caravalle has them!) - I also really like the xenon lights but at £1200 they're a costly extra (guess they do add that sporty feel though).

Damn!

If your using for camping I think the electric door is a bad move ... It's got the wow appeal for day use and looking good ,but when camping its not the most practical option ..( my option )

Simcon said:
Might be because its my new toy but its a standard 4motion and I think it looks sporty

Not quite standard ,as I'm sure the wheels and lights are an optional extra Simon ...;-) lol
Bus looks good for the non- standard look :)

Climate control is a fairly essential option IMO.

Consider that with 4motion and 18s, you lose the spare wheel, will suffer a slightly harder ride, spend more on rubber and have less choice of tyres too. As for lowering one; simply don't.

You'll kill the 4motions amazing versatility.

choplee said:
Simcon said:

Not quite standard ,as I'm sure the wheels and lights are an optional extra Simon ...;-) lol
Bus looks good for the non- standard look :)

No but it's all available which is why VW OEM can make so much sense. The Multivan's the California's are based on are designed to be more than 'vans' so there is a lot of good stuff out there.

Won't see a Trnasit that looks like that or has that kind of equipment. If like me you live in the south of Essex you do see a few Transit sports with the blue stripes and big alloys, they 'aint the same.

James

KernowLad said:

Consider that with 4motion and 18s, you lose the spare wheel, will suffer a slightly harder ride, spend more on rubber and have less choice of tyres too. As for lowering one; simply don't.

Actually, fyi, 18" don't mean you have to loose spare wheel. I have 18s and a spare. The spare is a 17" with higher profile tyres... Makes a perfect spare.

choplee said:
simonp820 said:
James said:

Damn!

If your using for camping I think the electric door is a bad move ... It's got the wow appeal for day use and looking good ,but when camping its not the most practical option ..( my option )
Yep I'd 2nd that, the electric door is a pain in backside when camping... Midnight manoeuvres in and out of the van are hard to do quietly... You can disable the electric motor but its a bit of a pain when camping.

MisterTea said:
KernowLad said:

Actually, fyi, 18" don't mean you have to loose spare wheel. I have 18s and a spare. The spare is a 17" with higher profile tyres... Makes a perfect spare.

Okay you can use one but you have to adapt the van and fit it yourself. Is "lose" the most commonly mid-spelt word ever?!!

A perfect spare in my eyes is the same size as the other wheels... ;-)

But with the same rolling radius as the bigger wheels and tyres makes no difference. As a get you home emergency is absolutely perfect and better than the space saver ones that can't go above 50mph for example.

cheers

smgcowfold said:
But with the same rolling radius as the bigger wheels and tyres makes no difference. As a get you home emergency is absolutely perfect and better than the space saver ones that can't go above 50mph for example.

cheers

So why don't VW fit one if you order 18s?

KernowLad said:
smgcowfold said:

cheers

So why don't VW fit one if you order 18s?

Sport line transporters don't have them either ... It seems to be Vw policy not to put different wheel sizes on their t5's ..
I called vw customer services last year and they said its Vw Germany's policy & guidelines ...