Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spinning wheels

Vincent123

Vincent123

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I don't know whether this is a first - my lovely wife managed to have the front wheels spinning in our NEW Cali this morning when pulling on to a roundabout. She blamed it on the fact her previous car was a Fiat 500 which was completely gutless. I didn't think you could even spin the wheels in an auto!?

I don't know whether this is a first - my lovely wife managed to have the front wheels spinning in our NEW Cali this morning when pulling on to a roundabout. She blamed it on the fact her previous car was a Fiat 500 which was completely gutless. I didn't think you could even spin the wheels in an auto!?
Oh yes you can, but not on the 4Motion. It just goes.:D

Oh yes you can, but not on the 4Motion. It just goes.:D
I can get all 4 wheels spinning in my automatic Audi Quattro (immense fun!), but you're right - 4 wheel drive just tends to get you moving!

Last edited:
Thank goodness........... I thought someone fitted spinning alloys to their Cali, phew.
4 wheel drifting is the best, and also best left to the rally course :)

Thank goodness........... I thought someone fitted spinning alloys to their Cali, phew.
4 wheel drifting is the best, and also best left to the rally course :)
But of course! :rolleyes:

think on old fashioned autos it was pretty hard to spin the wheels as they work with fluid to create the connection between the engine and wheels.

However DSG is more like an automatic manual gearbox so it is pretty easy to spin the wheels in 1st gear - especially on a damp road,

You need to try a Nissan leaf, single ratio, 2 gears, forward and reverse. Kinda fun

Back