Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Soon got the hang of it all!

Alfiesbuddy

Alfiesbuddy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
were around 7 mini breaks and 2 holidays into ownership of Bertie. We’ve got our structure and routeines firming up and keep learning from everyone on here.

Here is Bertie, in Cornwall.

We can be parked and set up for mini breaks in 30 mins and bigger holidays about 50 mins. We like to take a fair bit, however we do travel very light weekend adventures.

I love it, and my confidence is growing with each trip :)83662612-0D5C-46DC-A20B-E20128FDB414.jpeg

The first 10 trips is getting the hang of it and shifting stuff arround , once all things got theire place it's opening the botlle of wine that takes the most time....
:D

Must say we just put just the roof up , no awningtents for me .

We put this big awning up as we went for a week. With children we need ‘room to store’ and living room, especially if it rains; however I’m investing in a smaller kitchen tent to allow lighter travelling and that little extra storage etc.

Yes every trips been smoother and smoother, next trip in 2 weeks :bananadance2

were around 7 mini breaks and 2 holidays into ownership of Bertie. We’ve got our structure and routeines firming up and keep learning from everyone on here.

We can be parked and set up for mini breaks in 30 mins and bigger holidays about 50 mins. We like to take a fair bit, however we do travel very light weekend adventures.

I love it, and my confidence is growing with each trip :)View attachment 33814

Welcome Alfiesbuddy and of course Bertie!
Happy camping and your camp looks good!

Thanks sapto! We were fortunate to have some camping gear before our big investment of Bertie. Always loved camping and outdoors. Had previous a trailer tent and a little caravan for a short while ( too nervous with towing ) but this is perfect!

This is our big set up..., when no kids.... wind out VW awning, wine and chairs out the tailgate.... and good conversation to watch the world drift by

I’m floating with glee :embarrased

Thanks sapto! We were fortunate to have some camping gear before our big investment of Bertie. Always loved camping and outdoors. Had previous a trailer tent and a little caravan for a short while ( too nervous with towing ) but this is perfect!

This is our big set up..., when no kids.... wind out VW awning, wine and chairs out the tailgate.... and good conversation to watch the world drift by

I’m floating with glee :embarrased

Sounds great! We have to learn how we want to build our big set up as we‘re now three. However what we‘ve learned so far: as long as we are happy (wine or GT) our youngest is happy too... however we need more space

We’ve brought a van go calli 2 for longer holidays but lm sure we could have got away with a smaller awning really ! But we live and learn I guess.

Just booked another site ! It’s so addictive this holiday malarkey ;)

It’ll be me and my sister, G&T’s and few books and sunshine I hope ! :D

We’ve brought a van go calli 2 for longer holidays but lm sure we could have got away with a smaller awning really ! But we live and learn I guess.

Just booked another site ! It’s so addictive this holiday malarkey ;)

It’ll be me and my sister, G&T’s and few books and sunshine I hope ! :D

I have the Galli II compact and from what I remember the packed up size and weight is negligable so I wouldn't dwell on that.

We've had one short holiday, 3 mini breaks and a dozen parked up day time outings.
As a side we just got back this afternoon from a couple of nights in Rookesbury Park which is almost on our doorstep....but some decent walks to be had and plenty of nice surroundings if you don't see this part of the country too often it's a good base :thumb.

I love it, and my confidence is growing with each trip :)View attachment 33814
Bet you’ve got more room than the statics behind you :thumb

Bet you’ve got more room than the statics behind you :thumb

Yes the whole camp and no static restrictions ! We chatted about this; me and my other lovely half. We don’t understand the desire to buy one and visit just one place in the wonderful british isles ! Horses for courses I guess ;)

I have the Galli II compact and from what I remember the packed up size and weight is negligable so I wouldn't dwell on that.

We've had one short holiday, 3 mini breaks and a dozen parked up day time outings.
As a side we just got back this afternoon from a couple of nights in Rookesbury Park which is almost on our doorstep....but some decent walks to be had and plenty of nice surroundings if you don't see this part of the country too often it's a good base :thumb.

20 so you are in an amazing part of the globe indeed !

I’m booked in Dawlish in 3 weeks time :)

Back