Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So, has anyone gone away in their Cali this weekend?

S

Stu

Guest User
......... or are we all a bunch of fair weather pussies?? :laugh2

We were really looking forward to a couple of nights this weekend, either at Hollands Wood or Red Shoot but sadly the weather has beaten us.

We've got the tube booked for next weekend (changeable tickets) so we may venture into France or Belgium for a couple of days.

Hey listen,
I'm not a fair weather camper, but if I go out in the middle of January I am certainly expecting January weather. If I venture out in July I am expecting the weather to resemble something like summer! not something like January.... :rain

Couldn't agree more joe this weather is crazy today I was driving in sunglasses with the aircon
On whilst the wiper were going full pelt :headwall :headwall

New forest next week .... Rain or shine I'll be there .. Lol

Not this weekend but did go out two weeks ago in near monsoon rain and force 9 winds. Also done sub zero stuff slightly by mistake! Not put off by bad weather - with 4motion, you are invincible. Apparently...

The farm i am booked on just called to say I would be better taking a boat .... they are under 12inches of water .... hey ho.

Malc get yourself down to Norfolk in August it will be dry :rofl :rofl

I bought a porta potti 335 on eBay and it was in Poole. I went for it as nothing happening this weekend so finished work at 1pm. Wife handed me 2yr old and she went off to help at a school fete (held in doors to beat weather) whilst I poodled down to Poole.

Got my loo!

Then took son swimming at a campsite in Swanage but they wanted 28 quid to stay the night. Went and got us fish and chips which we ate with sliding door open so we could see th sea.

Finally, I asked a landlord if we could use his car park for an overnighter! So we are in a place called Kingston with 2yr old snoring head off next to me.

So happy to be having special times like this. Tomorrow I am taking him to monkey world and then home. Weather will not beat us!

Re: So, has anyone gone away in their Cali this weekend?

Postby KernowLad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:25 pm
Not this weekend but did go out two weeks ago in near monsoon rain and force 9 winds. Also done sub zero stuff slightly by mistake! Not put off by bad weather - with 4motion, you are invincible. Apparently...
Natural grey 61 plate 180 4Motion
Man, cruise,climate,park sensors,awning,vis pack B,Kenwood MM,m flaps,priv glass,MFSW,safe,bumper cover,roof bars,TPMS,QMT mats,VW seat covers, TPMS,bored yet?!.

4-motion better than a 2-motion - should have got myself one of those...

Went to a very wet Nibley Music Festival. Dodgy got booted off the main stage due to a high risk of dying from electrocution if the bulging roof filled with water collapsed. Consequently The Selector had to play in the beer tent. Cosy.
Slept sound in the Cali, although it needs a big clean now

F1 Grandprix, camping at Whittlebury Park. Had to queue to be towed on to the "field"... er "golf course" (not that it'll look much like a golf course after this weekend!) :crazy . Mud and rain! :rain Cali was fantastic, warm, dry, clean and snug! One of the few occasions I wish we had the 4 wheel drive version! We were also towed off the course!!! Sad to say we left early :boohoo as there would be very few of the thousands of people on the fields who would be able to leave without being towed... it'll take them till Tuesday to get everyone off! :cry:

Charlie the Catamaran. IOW Adgestone CCC site, pretty wet but found things to do. rain didn't stop for 2 days. Muddy Charlie!

Kev will do my best to make August ..... be good to meet and put faces to net names.

If it that bad you need a 4x4 then I'll not be there and neither will my Cali . Not exactly what I would call camping ... Lol

Was going big jam ,but can't be asked this year ,as photos I've seen show Santa pod flooded big time ...
Got the Kent Vw festival weekend after this weekend then v- dub island on isle of wight .. Then rest off to Norfolk meet ..

Back