Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding Door Locking Issues

nclarke8

nclarke8

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading up trying to determine if the sliding door locking is correct on my 2011 Cali. On single press of Fob everything Deadlocks, but a second press unlocks the sliding door only. I have read that this was found on early T5 builders vans But also found that second press should revert all locks to single lock (interior unlocking possible) I'm a little confused.

I think this means a faulty lock, plus yesterday the sliding door wouldn't unlock at all but now its working fine again. :headbang

Anybody else had problems with the central locking on theirs ?

I think the unlocking/locking sequence is reprogrammable by your dealer.
It may be that yours has just been set up differently.
Perhaps you could get it reprogrammed to suit your requirements?
If that doesn't work then maybe you do have a problem but I would try that first.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

On my 2011 Cali (with electric door) one press deadlocks everything, a second press reverts to single lock (internal unlocking possible), but after checking the system I’ve found on one occasion the red light remained on indicating a fault, and in this mode the side door opened, but then reverted back to normal next time I tried it.

Does your red light remain on indicating a fault in the system?

Susi, not sure about the red light as the Wifes got the cali at the moment so will check tonight. Thanks.

I've had exactly the same issue. It's programmable. On a camping trip I studied the manual, with some info on the web and discovered how to reprogram the locking so that all the external doors except the sliding door became deadlocked. To my dismay I then later discovered that this had in fact unlocked the sliding door (hard to tell from the inside!).

I did reset it back, I'll have to go and dig out exactly what I did & post (or the dealer could do it for you)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AndyfromtheBrac, Would be great if you can post the info. Rang the local van centre (booked it in to have front roof panel added to the corroded list) and didn't appear to know of the issue so if the double press unlock is resetable without them that would be a big help. thanks.

Hi All - appreciate this is a while ago, but what was the outcome? I have the same on my 2010 se
Thanks in advance

Hi All - appreciate this is a while ago, but what was the outcome? I have the same on my 2010 se
Thanks in advance

Hi @Crispo you will require a new remote lock unit for your sliding door if the lock is popping back up on double press of the key.

Thanks vw guru - is diy possible or one for dealer?

Depends on your diy skills they can be a little bit of a fiddle but there not to bad you will need an M8 multi spline bit a T30 torx bit a T20 and a philips screw driver as well as a little bravery in pulling the sliding door trim off.