Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding Blind above fridge

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
I have found that the sliding plastic blind above the fridge has been rubbing on the glass at the top edge where the wardrobe side meets the interior trim. This has damaged the stuck on blackout that hides the wardrobe from the outside. With careful trimming and some black insulation tape I've managed to repair the blackout but can't work out why the slider seems to be misaligned.
The the top felt protector on the blackout has been removed as it was distorted (by the friction of the blind) and the felt on the top runner removed as that had disintegrated with use. even with these removed there is friction.

My plan is to either just leave the blind in the closed position or to fit the Brandrup pockets.
Anyone else had this problem?

Not had the problem but fitted the brandrup pockets there yesterday. Just need to decide what to put in them!
The little square multicoloured travel bottles from ikea fit nicely.... But what to fill them with that won't go rank in the heat?
If folks can say what they put in those particular 'pockets', it may help you decide which route to take (and help me!)

Not had the problem but fitted the brandrup pockets there yesterday. Just need to decide what to put in them!
The little square multicoloured travel bottles from ikea fit nicely.... But what to fill them with that won't go rank in the heat?
If folks can say what they put in those particular 'pockets', it may help you decide which route to take (and help me!)
Heat will be an issue! Just checked the temp on the glass in wardrobe 47degrees!
[QU

I use the one with holders for the salt and pepper mills you buy ready filled in the supermarkets and a couple of spices...crushed chilliest and mixed herbs. The top one houses my carbon monoxide alarm for travelling and a couple of pens.

Heat will be an issue! Just checked the temp on the glass in wardrobe 47degrees!
[QU

How much do you think it would get anywhere else in a verhicle when outside is 30+ celcius.

I putted Brandrup spice pocket (using the velcro) on the sliding blind itself .

I've put my pockets on the blind (following an earlier thread.... So you don't see all the velcro from outside) but still conscious that anything left 'not in the fridge' will bake this time of year.

Back