Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slidepod for the VW California Beach

Looking at going down the Maxxcamp route now for our pod, anyone else purchased from Maxxcamp in the UK? I spoke to them yesterday and they are now looking for a UK agent

I looked at them but so expensive, ended up making my own:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/building-a-kitchen-pod-for-the-beach.14752/

img_3624-jpg.15558

To be honest (after living with it on a one month trip) for what we needed and the fair weather camping (summer, warmer Europe) we do the standard storage box and a simpler single width unit would have been fine. The sink was never used as we always just used and refilled a couple of 2 litre water bottles and as explained in the build topic all our cooking was outside anyway. Judging by the difficulty selling it too, ended up nearly giving it away I am not sure how many people want these things. If I did it again I'd definitely go with something simple like the Ikea Alex built somewhere on here.

Last edited:
Have you had chance to progress the inslidepod?

Sadly not and if I'm honest I dont see me having time in 2017 as we are moving workshops, looking to employe and train another 2 new members of the team and our conversion workshop is fully booked until December. Later in 2017 we are installing a brand new CNC machine which should allow me more time for a bit of product development.

Havent posted in my thread in a while but couldnt resist sharing this.
Ive never posted a video before so will probably go horribly wrong.. if it does can someone tell me how to post up a youtube video in a thread please....

Wow it worked :)
Anyway we now offer over 200 colours and finishes as standard including a perfect match for "VW post it note" yellow ;)

Havent posted in my thread in a while but couldnt resist sharing this.
Ive never posted a video before so will probably go horribly wrong.. if it does can someone tell me how to post up a youtube video in a thread please....

#I really like it!!! Great video/work! Thanks for sharing!

Hi Jonny from Slidepod,
Will you be at the camping and caravan show this month at the NEC? If so then it would be great to talk to you about getting electric hook up on my 2012 Beach.

I will be up there to attend a few meetings with trade partners and check out new shiny stuff. You are probably best off just giving us a call, I always try to take the time to talk to our customers about exactly what is involved in carrying out conversion works to their vehicles.

I just wanted to say a huge public thank you to @Emma Hughes and her husband Dave for bringing their beautiful oryx white california beach to campermart and allowing us to use it to launch our new rear kitchen. It was really great to meet you guys and looking forward to you popping in on your way to Cornwall in Feb.

Great to meet you too Jonny and the Slidepod team! We had a great day at the show and the new kitchen looked fantastic.... especially liked the way you can move the burners indoors if needed. Good luck with the launch!!

Great to meet you too Jonny and the Slidepod team! We had a great day at the show and the new kitchen looked fantastic.... especially liked the way you can move the burners indoors if needed. Good luck with the launch!!

Yep me too! hopefully we will be forgiven for not designing an inslidepod now.

Yep me too! hopefully we will be forgiven for not designing an inslidepod now.
Have you got any pictures you can share on here? I'd love to see how this works! (I can't see any on your website??)

Just to let everybody know there is now a dedicated facebook group for anyone with an interest in Slidepods called you guessed it "slidepods owners group" this is a great place to ask real owners advice and their opinions. You dont have to own one to join and there may be the odd special offer posted up.

Back