Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SIM Only Card Switzerland

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I know we've got some Switzerland based people on the forum. Trying to help get a SIM only card organised for my daughter who's got a placement in Switzerland for 3 months from September. She needs do the usual stuff - calls and texts to and from Switzerland, EU and UK, web browsing etc. Can anyone recommend a reasonable cost SIM provider, maybe in-country?

Thanks.

Since that I have an account with a provider I'm not the best source for affordable pay as you go options. The main providers are Swisscom, Sunrise and Salt but there are dozens of offerings from supermarkets etc that piggy back on the main networks.

One option you should consider is adding a package for Europe to her existing UK account if that's possible.

Otherwise have a look at these to get you started:
Swisscom Pre-paid
Galaxus

Look for e-sim on the internet. We would leave for Switzerland next Monday and would buy an e-sim (is not a physical sim card and is super easy to use/ install). A few days ago we changed our plans and choose the Spanish Basque Country :cool:

Last edited:
Some great avenues to follow-up there thank you. The e-sim looks like a good option which we are now looking into.

I know we've got some Switzerland based people on the forum. Trying to help get a SIM only card organised for my daughter who's got a placement in Switzerland for 3 months from September. She needs do the usual stuff - calls and texts to and from Switzerland, EU and UK, web browsing etc. Can anyone recommend a reasonable cost SIM provider, maybe in-country?

Thanks.
Look at Lycamobile, they have very good rates (for Switzerland) and their Swiss site can be set to English. Not sure if you can sign up unless you have an address in Switzerland though. https://www.lycamobile.ch/en/

Another alternative is Digital Republic (site also in English). They are on the Sunrise network, which is ok in the cities, but very patchy the moment to start approaching mountains. Very good unlimited data deals though. I use it on my cali for internet access with my laptop (I work sometimes from the van). https://digitalrepublic.ch/en/

Back