Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side repeater bulbs fuse location request

nigpdreadingfc

nigpdreadingfc

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I have a 2020 6.1 Cali Ocean and both side repeater bulbs have failed at the same time. This seems a bit of a coincidence, so would like to check the fuse.

Does anyone have any idea of which fuse this would be, please? Nothing else electrical has failed, so I'm guessing the repeaters may have their own fuse?

TIA

I have a 2020 6.1 Cali Ocean and both side repeater bulbs have failed at the same time. This seems a bit of a coincidence, so would like to check the fuse.

Does anyone have any idea of which fuse this would be, please? Nothing else electrical has failed, so I'm guessing the repeaters may have their own fuse?

TIA
Have you checked the RESOURCES section of the Forum. Many fuse location documents there. Fuse size and fuse box location are fairly standard for " Transporter " functions although the actual fuse position in the fusebox can vary.

Have you checked the RESOURCES section of the Forum. Many fuse location documents there. Fuse size and fuse box location are fairly standard for " Transporter " functions although the actual fuse position in the fusebox can vary.
Yes, first place I looked, but cannot see side repeater labelled, just SC16 Turn signals with a ? after it. All the other indicator bulbs are working ok, so wondered if the side repeaters were separate for some reason

Found out why neither was working :eek:
Looks like this is gonna be a PITA to fix. No idea how both have ended up like this at the same time

bulbs.jpg

is it rodent damage ? that should be an easy fix if you can fish out the other end of the wiring. you may have to take the wheel and inner wheel arch mould off to get at it. then just splice the wires back in and tape them up. if they are l.e.d bulbs they are polarity sensitive so check they work before fastening everything back up.

is it rodent damage ? that should be an easy fix if you can fish out the other end of the wiring. you may have to take the wheel and inner wheel arch mould off to get at it. then just splice the wires back in and tape them up. if they are l.e.d bulbs they are polarity sensitive so check they work before fastening everything back up.
Solder and heat shrink wrap would be belt and braces.

Difficult to believe it would be rodent damage at this stage. Both going at the same place and no other wiring touched? All other electrics are perfectly fine. Initial research has come up with the wires being unprotected going through the bulkhead and wearing through eventually

Difficult to believe it would be rodent damage at this stage. Both going at the same place and no other wiring touched? All other electrics are perfectly fine. Initial research has come up with the wires being unprotected going through the bulkhead and wearing through eventually
thats a warranty fix then ?

2020. Prob out of warranty but worth asking. I would also check the opposite side and see if the wires are similarly exposed and showing wear.
Both sides have gone at the same time, which may be coincidence. The T6 Forum has a couple of threads with people having suffered the same fate

Both sides have gone at the same time, which may be coincidence. The T6 Forum has a couple of threads with people having suffered the same fate
he may have lost one side a while ago and not noticed, this can happen with headlights where a bulb blows and isn't noticed,then the other goes and they are thinking, why don't my headlights work ,it can't be the bulbs,i've seen this before

Ah OK, thought both near side or off side bulbs. Find it strange both sides would wear through at the same rate though. Seems more like the result of an active attack. Any evidence or rodent activity in the vicinity?

he may have lost one side a while ago and not noticed, this can happen with headlights where a bulb blows and isn't noticed,then the other goes and they are thinking, why don't my headlights work ,it can't be the bulbs,i've seen this before
So you don't get the same erratic indicator flashes with these bulbs when one blows? What about error codes popping up on the display?

Ah OK, thought both near side or off side bulbs. Find it strange both sides would wear through at the same rate though. Seems more like the result of an active attack. Any evidence or rodent activity in the vicinity?
No activity that I've seen or noticed so far. That's not to say there won't be any, but just strange that a rodent would attack the same wiring, but on opposite sides of the van

Well, I stand corrected.
Found a VW van expert who removed baffles etc to get to the side repeater wiring and this was the first thing he found laying just in front of the ventillation grid. Mice indeed the culprits after all!
There was also some other evidence of minor nibbling to other wires, but nothing to worry about. Strange that they decided to go for the same side repeater wiring on both sides. Must be a favourite flavour.
All rewired and sleeved.
Now off to look for some anti-rodent lacquer and some traps
mice.jpg

Last edited:
Back