Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side Mounted Ladder

T

tommfeys

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, I'm looking for a side mounted ladder. This way I can easily access the roof box without loosing space inside. With three teenagers we have to be very space-saving. Unless someone strongly advises against doing so...
Is there someone who has such a ladder? Does it exist? What brand/type one advises?

Hi, I'm looking for a side mounted ladder. This way I can easily access the roof box without loosing space inside. With three teenagers we have to be very space-saving. Unless someone strongly advises against doing so...
Is there someone who has such a ladder? Does it exist? What brand/type one advises?
I assume you’re not thinking of something that is permanently attached to the side of your van!!! Doubt that would be legal. So, what about the 2 section ladder that the Club Shop sells? It doesn’t take up much room and could perhaps be used outside? You’d probably need to use some foam between it and your paintwork though.

C89F767D-AB8D-4930-828E-BAEF0F583C5F.png

I think you would have to get one custom made.
Have you thought about a 2m telescopic ladder, I use one of the to access the pop top bed and also clean the roof and awning etc with the bonus it stores behind the rear seat. You can find them on eBay etc but often the 2m are sold out but you can get them from Campervanbits for a little more.

DSC_2258.jpg

Last edited:
When we have our tandem on the roof I have to take with us a step up.

It doubles up as a handy bench when not being used to access the roof.

I used to carry what @Amarillo uses.
They can be handy.

I currently use a folding stool, which fits in with the chairs in the tailgate.
They come in two sizes. I use the taller one.

You maybe able to adapt that, suckers on the bottom. Needs to clamp onto a bar at the top.26B68EC0-90DE-4857-AA30-6CBDB8CB1E13.png

Do you mean a storage roof box? Mounted on top of the pop-up roof?

A ladder for the back:
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/de/de/volkswagen-t5-t6-transporter-ladder.html

A ladder for the side:
Well found :)

Just waiting for your post a pic of your Cali with the ladder fitted in the "what have you bought for your Cali today" thread in a week time ... ;):D:cheers
Haha. That’s one accessory I won’t be buying.

Would this help.......??

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4170.JPG

I am surprised that nobody is asking you about this, particularly the original poster.
I have absolutely no need for something like this but I do find interesting and appears to be a good solution if you have a roof box.
Have to be nosey now and ask, what is it and how much.
I could have done with this a few years ago.

I am surprised that nobody is asking you about this, particularly the original poster.
I have absolutely no need for something like this but I do find interesting and appears to be a good solution if you have a roof box.
and what its total weight is as well pls..

got it. Dropracks. 1800€, 33 kg. 160cm
Then you need to add the weight of the roof bars and the roof box. So you are way overweight before even loading anything (>50kg Cali roof).

No it's not the droprack....

It was made by Stob-lok roofbars.

I’m thinking about trying out 165E4DE3-2831-478C-BE58-9A8FFB2E9CDA.jpegone of these foot steps on my work van, it might work, they hook onto the door lock latch, although I wouldn’t buy a cheap one made in China...

I would be thinking of tow bar mounted back boxes rather than a roof box.
Gets round the roof weight limit & far easier access.
Also gets round the height problem for carparks.

I’m thinking about trying out View attachment 73999one of these foot steps on my work van, it might work, they hook onto the door lock latch, although I wouldn’t buy a cheap one made in China...
Wouldn't that be for a fixed handle with a press button not the type where the handle pulls out, hinges at one end?

Its a prototype that I built 2 years ago, since then I have been working on a production version.

Specifically for the California but can also be fitted to other similar vehicles.

Wouldn't that be for a fixed handle with a press button not the type where the handle pulls out, hinges at one end?
You open the door and it attaches to the metal C latch on thedoor pillar, not the actual door handle

1D395E6A-E9E2-44A9-A66F-AD6093A847F1.jpeg

I’m thinking about trying out View attachment 73999one of these foot steps on my work van, it might work, they hook onto the door lock latch, although I wouldn’t buy a cheap one made in China...
used these on a jeep and on the raptor, make sure you get some adhesive rubber on the back to stop rubbing, otherwise worked a treat.

Kari-tek (maybe different spelling) make this system for kayaks etc in UK. Had one for a while but found he extra height limiting

Yes, have one to get to solar panels etc. Lots for sale from different vendors out there. I put sticky foam on ours to spare the paintwork.... otherwise pretty good and takes up zero space

Back