Side lights always on?

reserves

reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
2014 Cali

Are my sidelights supposed to always be on when driving?

I’ve had the Cali for 5 years and I can’t remember them always being on, but they are now.

Even with light switch set to Auto or 0, the side lights are on when ignition is on.

Is this as expected? Or has something changed. SMG we’re messing with some settings last time I had a service so wonder if that was an option they have enabled.

It’s been like this for about 6 months and I can’t find anyway to turn them off.

No idea if it's normal but my 2015 cali is the same.

These are the drl's surely

2014 Cali

Are my sidelights supposed to always be on when driving?

I’ve had the Cali for 5 years and I can’t remember them always being on, but they are now.

Even with light switch set to Auto or 0, the side lights are on when ignition is on.

Is this as expected? Or has something changed. SMG we’re messing with some settings last time I had a service so wonder if that was an option they have enabled.

It’s been like this for about 6 months and I can’t find anyway to turn them off.
No idea if it's normal but my 2015 cali is the same.
Those are not the sidelights,, those are the DRL’s, Daylight Running Lights.

By EU regulation, since 2011, all new vehicles sold in the EU had to have DRLs that come on automatically with the ignition.

You also have Parking (sidelight) lights, Front and rear that can be used with Ignition Off when parked.

Phew. Good to know! Thanks all

Hadn't realised that was a legislative thing. Pretty sure my wife's car (2014) does not have lights that stay on all the time but the cali does - like in my avatar picture.

Hadn't realised that was a legislative thing. Pretty sure my wife's car (2014) does not have lights that stay on all the time but the cali does - like in my avatar picture.
I think the Legislation applied to “ New “ models . Manufacturers were not obliged to fit to “New “ cars of an existing model, but many did.
The California/Transporter was sold in the Scandinavian countries where they were obligatory. All Saab’s and Volvos had side lights permanently on with ignition on.

Back