Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side door not closing

T

Taglish

Taglish
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,

Anyone had issues with the side door not closing?
She (Taglish) is only 2 months old, and the solenoid appears to not activate when opening or closing the side door, and have tried with engine off/on, and talking nicely to the door.
Will take to dealer today (Lister, Coventry) and will post an update.

Sounds like it is exactly the same problem as we had with the power latching on our side door over the weekend. Our Cali is also 2 months old. I posted a note back on the forum under another thread only yesterday, which I think went under the heading of 'Door not locking'. What seemed to fix it for us was to have the door open with the ignition off and then switch the ignition back on. The VW Assist Technician said that this probably did the trick by resetting the van's system so it again knew when the door was open and so needed to activate the power latching. It think it was a sort of CTRL-ALT-DEL for the Cali that you would do on your computer if it freezes. Hope this helps and let me know if it works for you.

Hi Tracy and Tim,
Decided to call out VW assist as I'm keen this does not happen again.
They came within 40 mins and fixed in 1 minute!
Its not an uncommon problem with new T5's and is not a mechanical problem.
The advice was twofold:
Leave a window or door slightly open when closing the side door as air pressure prevents the side door from catching the second lock and initiating the solonoid or;
Press the back of the door in when closing the door so the second catch operates.

The guys showed me the same problem on there T5 van so I'm happy with the diagnosis.

Happy travelling,
Mike and Gavina

Thanks Mike and Gavina,

It's good to know that VW Assist were able to sort out the power latching problem on the sliding door for you as well. I'll give the advice they gave you a try if it happens again.

We are just planning a quick overnight trip to the New Forest so it's good to now have door all sorted.

All the best,

Tracy & Tim

Back