Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Settings....dumb question

Zebedee

Zebedee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The small display in the middle saying stuff like "language" etc seems to be stuck on and I can't see anywhere in the manuals how to get it back....any ideas?

Thanks guys and Happy New Year to you all.

Zebedee

Have you tried a reset - press the control knob and the bottom right button together.

Have you a Multi function Steering Wheel. If so try the left hand controller on steering wheel., right side should take you out of that menu

I think the OP needs to clarify whether he's talking about the camper control unit or the DIS on the dashboard.

Freeley said:
I think the OP needs to clarify whether he's talking about the camper control unit or the DIS on the dashboard.
Also year, T5, T4, SE, Beach?

johntowers46 said:
Why don't people clarify what they i.e., model, year, engine size, etc, etc.

John :headbang

Zebbedee is she, Judith, and it is a 2013 or 2014 T5 Cali. From the description I would imagine it is the camper control unit and not the DIS as that would normally revert to default on ignition off then on,

but I could be wrong, it has been known to happen before - occasionally .... well, very very occasionally.

I assumed ccu but Meon seems to be going down a different path - easily done when the OP has been vague.
Other than trying the reset, wouldn't turning the ccu off and on again solve the problem?

Yes it is indeed Zebedee aka Judith and Zebedee is a 2013 180 SE. The display in question is on the dashboard display right in the middle. This is NOT the camper control unit. I do indeed have the multi function steering wheel....I have obviously touched something on it inadvertently.

Thanks judith

Judith
As per earlier post The multifunction steering wheel control should take you out of that menu.
With ignition on,(the one with ok in centre) lert hand side of steering wheel press the conrtol knob on the left hand side should take you out of that menue if all is working ok

Correction RIGHT had side on control knob, , was dark when l looked steering wheel upside down after parking on the drive !, :doh

Meoncoast said:
Judith
As per earlier post The multifunction steering wheel control should take you out of that menu.
With ignition on, lert hand side of steering wheel press the conrtol knob on the left hand side should take you out of that menue if all is working ok

It's the right hand buttons isn't it, left hand buttons are for the radio?

use right hand side, lower or upper button to scroll to something like language.

Press centre button "ok"

Scroll to English

Press centre button "ok"

Now left or right buttons should take you out of settings and into another selection.

It normally needs an "OK" command on one of the selections first to release you.