Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servicing the DSG gearbox

davidgmo

davidgmo

GO'nwiTheFLO
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I was recently told by a VW mechanic that I there is an oil filter on the DSG (and maybe the manual) gearbox that needs servicing every 30,000 miles and it is best done by a VW main dealer. Can anyone confirm this please?

Hi Alan

Thank you so much - the reviews on this show its possible to do this yourself and save significant dealer costs. Also it says only needed every 40,000 miles not 30,0000. I just love VWCC! Thank you.
No probs.

But make sure you buy the correct service kit. This one was only found by typing in VW DSG service kit.

You might find that you need some tools in order to gain access to the oil drain and filter and to refill.

Hi Alan

Thank you so much - the reviews on this show its possible to do this yourself and save significant dealer costs. Also it says only needed every 40,000 miles not 30,0000. I just love VWCC! Thank you.
Seeing as the kit costs about £195 and the requirements required, temp 45c for draining and filling and setting level + any special tools required, so I’m led to believe, £190.38p + Vat which I was charged, a few weeks ago, seems very acceptable + a 2 yr VW warranty for parts and labour.

Seeing as the kit costs about £195 and the requirements required, temp 45c for draining and filling and setting level + any special tools required, so I’m led to believe, £190.38p + Vat which I was charged, a few weeks ago, seems very acceptable + a 2 yr VW warranty for parts and labour.
Hi WelshGas

I was born in Abergavenny and lived in Langland until I was 11 and still miss my Welsh friends .... Are you anywhere near Swansea?

Thank you for this feedback

David

And if you use one of the VW centres where the club has negotiated a 10% discount on all servicing costs, then the gap is narrower.

Owing to the cost of the van, and with a warranty in place, I am not going to look to use anything other than an approved VW centre for the time being.

Hi WelshGas

I was born in Abergavenny and lived in Langland until I was 11 and still miss my Welsh friends .... Are you anywhere near Swansea?

Thank you for this feedback

David
No. About 1/4 of the way between Cardiff & Swansea. Closer to Cardiff.

Back