Service Requirements for 180 BiTurbo

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Does anyone have a list of the Service requirements / fluid changes related to Time and Milage.

I can't seem to find anything in the Handbook or Service Book.

e.g.: Gear Box Oil change - 40,000 miles
Brake Fluid Change - ??????? miles or 2 years

Just had a look at the VW commercial vehicle servicing site and it all seems a bit vague. Gearbox oil is listed as part of a full service but only if necessary, however that is determined.

Just had a look at the VW commercial vehicle servicing site and it all seems a bit vague. Gearbox oil is listed as part of a full service but only if necessary, however that is determined.
Same here. Cannot find a list or similar anywhere. All down to computer knowing best.:mad::mad:

I had my 180 caravelle dsg oil changed at the same time as the cambelt and water pump, 4 years old.

I find the best thing is to just ignore the oil, let it all go, then nothing to worry about....... :shocked

Well mine will get serviced end of November , 2nd Service, and it will have done 40,000 miles by then.
I will have to have a long chat to the Service Manager because I have some longish trips planned for 2017 back to Norway, Italy and elsewhere and will be very unhappy if any Service warnings pop up in the next 20,000 miles.
I know when I come to sell , for another California, T6 or T7 it certainly ain't going to be a low milage one in the advert.:D

We had dsg oil changed at 40k (I understood this is VW's advise) which was + 3years and cam belt+water pump + 4 years (which I also understand is VW's advise) which was 55k miles for us. Brake fluid + 2 years (although missed this time :Nailbiting) SMG ring me up yearly re air CON service I have this done about every 2 and 1/2 years.

And now replacing rear boot and bumper at just over 4 years to fit in with roof repair!

Just done the maths
44k paid in 2012
60k on the clock
we buy any car offer 27K
aiming for another 2 years and 40k

Back