Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

seen the light!

daveyboydanger

daveyboydanger

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Good morning all,
I've been planning to buy a relatively high spec year old panel van and then slowly do it up (insulate, line, carpet, floor, windows, rail seating and pop top).
It's been a dream of mine for a long time that I tried to achieve a few years back with a brilliantly orange ex-RAC t5. She didn't quite make it! The van was so tired and ready to die. I had to quit while I was only a little behind before I lost everything on her.
I'd decided to go newer for reliability and had been speccing things up, stalking the t4forum and dreaming.
Then I started looking properly at the maths. Getting a beach seemed to make so much sense.
It was like a penny dropping moment. I would have all that I wanted in a new van, expertly designed and fitted and warrantied! Plus the brilliance of having a 'real camper van' California!
I'm so excited. And now my wife is too! She's a lot happier with the 'buying it done' plan!

We're going to continue saving for the rest of the year and hopefully order something around autumn (is it around 20weeks build time?) for a '16 plate piece of paradise!

I suppose I'd appreciate any help on what to spec (we can't do much more than entry level though), where to buy (anyone tried buyacar.com?), what to know, best insurers etc.

I can't wait to join the club!

dave

Welcome , a lot of info to read here on this forum

Welcome , a lot of info to read here on this forum
There certainly is. Having drained the t4forum dry of info it's nice to discover a whole new world on this one. I'm having lots of fun researching. It's like a different species this California beast!

Hey Dave, you'll be looking at a new T6 (assuming they do a beach) or a used T5.

Great choice just weird timing at the moment, think the T6 gets announced on 16th April :)

it'll all be worth it whichever you go with

Hey Dave, you'll be looking at a new T6 (assuming they do a beach) or a used T5.

Great choice just weird timing at the moment, think the T6 gets announced on 16th April :)

it'll all be worth it whichever you go with
Yeah, hoping they release a t6 beach so I can go straight to the new shape, but if not, I could definitely 'put up with' a t5.1!