Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat Cover Recommendations

Whitehouse_03

Whitehouse_03

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi. We picked up a Cali at the weekend and need to get some seat covers as we have 2 children under 4! Does anyone have any recommendations? There doesn’t seem to be much good choice other than the Brandrup second skin from the hours of looking we have done. Many thanks

Genuine VW waterproof fitted covers. Not that cheap but fit well and work well and the only practical option with kids.

I like the GTI style ones in the forum shop. A couple of hours to fit but worth the trouble. You can see a video on californiacamping.co.uk

I like the GTI style ones in the forum shop. A couple of hours to fit but worth the trouble. You can see a video on californiacamping.co.uk

We have Jackyards. Not cheap but they really enhance that camper look. Loose fitting, and slits rather than stitching for airbags to deploy.

We love them and they survived in near new condition a 30,000 mile tour of Europe with two pre school children and a dog.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Hi. We picked up a Cali at the weekend and need to get some seat covers as we have 2 children under 4! Does anyone have any recommendations? There doesn’t seem to be much good choice other than the Brandrup second skin from the hours of looking we have done. Many thanks
Whatever you choose make sure the front seat covers are Air Bag compliant otherwise you could end up with clean seats and orphaned children.

We have Jackyards. Not cheap but they really enhance that camper look. Loose fitting, and slits rather than stitching for airbags to deploy.

We love them and they survived in near new condition a 30,000 mile tour of Europe with two pre school children and a dog.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

+1 for Jackyards.

Thank you. I’ll take a look

Genuine VW waterproof fitted covers. Not that cheap but fit well and work well and the only practical option with kids.
Cheers. Will have a look. Would you take them off to sleep?

Whatever you choose make sure the front seat covers are Air Bag compliant otherwise you could end up with clean seats and orphaned children.
Yes, I had read about this but thank you :)

Yes, I had read about this but thank you :)
Best bet is to go to a meet, there will be a fair selection of seat covers to look at and inquire about. Nothing like a good feel and sit on to decide.

Best bet is to go to a meet, there will be a fair selection of seat covers to look at and inquire about. Nothing like a good feel and sit on to decide.
That’s a good shout, thanks. I think there’s a Dorset one soon too.

They are not everyone's cup of tea, but should last the lifetime of the vehicle
Would you mind me asking if they ridiculously expensive?!

Ours outlasted on our 1st van 64k and 5 years before moving to our 2nd van and have had another 20k and 2 years and still going strong.

Thank you for prompting me. I had a set of Bradrup Second skin seat covers in the cupboard and have now put them up for sale on the Forum. Meant to get around to it ages ago.

We have the Brandrup second skin ones, fiendishly expensive but once they are you would not know there are seat covers, so don’t spil the smart look of the Cali. Now that they are paid for we are happy we chose them. Slightly tricky to fit, but helps if you buy the banana like fitting tool.

Hi we have similar sized and aged family - we have had the brandrup on since new a year ago - we would highly recommend - they are very cleanable (damp cloth and some spray) they look great (original fabric and colours ) and you hardly notice they are there - anyhthing else ruins the look of the car in my opinion , and what’s the point of having it to then go and ruin its looks - happy camping Tim

We have Jackyards and they still look good as new after 2 years, 2 kids and a dog on board, haven’t had to wash yet and just wipe off any mud, chocolate etc.

Something different...we have seat covers from Apona Surf. They are a bit more of an "acquired taste"...

https://www.apona-surf.de/

The fit is a bit loose, but the material is great and reasonably priced. We go camping with 4 kids in a Beach...so seat covers quickly became essential :Nailbiting