Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SE UK section missing?

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
I am sure I have seen a section for l'ocal areas/regions' but cant find it now.. Would be good to chat visit local people etc etc. I was a member of the T5/T4 and it had a local section.. Sorry if its obvious but I cant just find it..Doh..

Hi
Not sure if there was ever a section as you describe. Could you be referring to a Facebook page of one of the other groups?
There is a section for SE on this forum that includes London but is not specific to T5/4's
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/forums/london-south-east.80/
Hope this helps.

We have toyed with the idea of having a regional section on the forum but to be honest I am not sure it would be used enough.

I am more than happy to look at adding it if demand is there?

Nah not really what I had in mind.. Would be nice to know who my local members are somehow?
Have you tried the user map?
All members are shown as flags which if you double click reveal their forum name. Just a thought. Here is a screen print as an example.
Having trouble with picture. Will send separately.

Have you tried the user map?
All members are shown as flags which if you double click reveal their forum name. Just a thought. Here is a screen print as an example.
Having trouble with picture. Will send separately.
upload_2018-4-9_18-54-37.png

Yes that looks useful.. I was also on the Mazda mx5 forum and that had a thriving local area section..trips out/club nights/chats over a pint etc . Im not really asking for one its just that I thought i had seen something on here when I joined..

Yes that looks useful.. I was also on the Mazda mx5 forum and that had a thriving local area section..trips out/club nights/chats over a pint etc . Im not really asking for one its just that I thought i had seen something on here when I joined..
Indeed, I used to be a member a few years ago as I have had a couple of 5's over the years.

Thanks to Jabberwocky I’ve just discovered the ‘user map’. Never noticed it before.

However...I don’t seem to be on it!

Is there box I haven’t ticked?

Thanks to Jabberwocky I’ve just discovered the ‘user map’. Never noticed it before.

However...I don’t seem to be on it!

Is there box I haven’t ticked?
I found you!
upload_2018-4-10_8-39-11.png

Thanks Jabberwocky. I thought the location pins would be more specific regarding location, once you zoomed in. I’m actually on the eastern edge of Southampton, but I’m happy to have discovered that I’m on the list.

You never know what new wonders each day will bring!

Not everyone wants to go public on his exact location.
If anyone wants to meet locals feel free to organise a meet-up , i'm sure there wil be response.

Loving the user map, amazed at how many Calis in my local area. Great feature

Thanks Jabberwocky. I thought the location pins would be more specific regarding location, once you zoomed in. I’m actually on the eastern edge of Southampton, but I’m happy to have discovered that I’m on the list.

You never know what new wonders each day will bring!
The map only shows the location contained in your profile and I see yours is Southampton so the map is as specific as your own description.

Completely understand Hotel California’s point and Jabberwocky’s enlightenment.

‘Southampton’ is close enough.

Back