Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat Nav update

@Snowy

I've tried today and the application successfully installs, so it's not because it's 32 Bit.

As I've previously done an update, I didn't get the security check you had, but can I check something with you.

At what point does it stop you? The steps I followed were:

1) Using Safari, I followed the link and found the appropriate vehicle and clicked download
2) I was prompted to "allow downloads from webspecial.Volkswagen.de", I clicked 'Allow'
3) File downloaded, so I went to Finder, I clicked on 'Downloads' and I have a pdf manual, and a .dmg file
4) Clicking the pdf file opens up instructions for installation, clicking on the .dmg file then opens up the installer

Do you get as far as step 4 ?

@Snowy

I've tried today and the application successfully installs, so it's not because it's 32 Bit.

As I've previously done an update, I didn't get the security check you had, but can I check something with you.

At what point does it stop you? The steps I followed were:

1) Using Safari, I followed the link and found the appropriate vehicle and clicked download
2) I was prompted to "allow downloads from webspecial.Volkswagen.de", I clicked 'Allow'
3) File downloaded, so I went to Finder, I clicked on 'Downloads' and I have a pdf manual, and a .dmg file
4) Clicking the pdf file opens up instructions for installation, clicking on the .dmg file then opens up the installer

Do you get as far as step 4 ?

yes, I got as far as step four. Download the instruction guide and the dog file.
I then downloaded ‘bundle1’ (Europe) file (Discovermedia2) was then unzipped via 7zip. I know that it was 14.54gb In size. when it finalised it disappeared from the screen. Having located it (the unzipped file) I tried to transfer it to the SDD
card issued by VW. It then tells me there is not enough space on card.
The card properties tell me that it has a capacity of 15.95Gb and that 9.38Gb available.
As I understand the procedure (Via California Chris utube video) it should take me to a screen where I agree the terms and then backs up the existing card, downloads and then installs the new information. This is the screen I’m not getting. So cannot progress.
Although my expertise is limited, I can usually find my way round but this has me stumped. Any hints and tips always appreciated.
And thanks for info so far

yes, I got as far as step four. Download the instruction guide and the dog file.
I then downloaded ‘bundle1’ (Europe) file (Discovermedia2) was then unzipped via 7zip. I know that it was 14.54gb In size. when it finalised it disappeared from the screen. Having located it (the unzipped file) I tried to transfer it to the SDD
The card properties tell me that it has a capacity of 15.95Gb and that 9.38Gb available.
As I understand the procedure (Via California Chris utube video) it should take me to a screen where I agree the terms and then backs up the existing card, downloads and then installs the new information. This is the screen I’m not getting. So cannot progress.
Although my expertise is limited, I can usually find my way round but this has me stumped. Any hints and tips always appreciated.
Have you installed the software by running the .dmg file?

Have you installed the software by running the .dmg file?
Assuming that the screen you don't see is at 4:10 in California Chris's video, then it installing the app that is the problem. If so, then go to the settings app, click on 'Security and Privacy' and ensure you're on the General tab.

You should get the option to 'Open anyway' the app you just tried to open, which will allow you to run it. Let me know if you see this...

1585504808511.png

Is the write protection button up or down?
1585512020108.png

And how do you mean you have to transfer a zip file to SD card?

I don't know how the program works in IOS, but in Windows, you just insert your SD card, start the program, select vehicle/multimedia system, choose your map, start!

Is the write protection button up or down?
View attachment 56754

And how do you mean you have to transfer a zip file to SD card?

I don't know how the program works in IOS, but in Windows, you just insert your SD card, start the program, select vehicle/multimedia system, choose your map, start!
Hi, the card was unlocked.
I downloaded bundle 1 (European countries)
Then I’m not really sure of the next stage, but I open up the download of bundle 1 and tried to transfer it to the card. May be I’m doing something wrong at this stage.
i assume I’ve download the file from VW, but it’s how I open it and then get it onto the SD card that I get stuck

C6FD87C7-736B-4642-ABB1-55C2CFB409B8.jpeg

I also don’t get the option in ‘security& privacy’ to allow ‘open anyway’ option.
Am I missing something?

423146BF-9FDF-4AB9-BA7B-0ED5CA7F8579.jpeg

I do get an alternative screen as shown below which gives me two option
Enable ‘recommended applications’ or ‘all applications’
Should I be enabling this screen with ‘all applications’.?

363C1FF8-4DC5-4303-8BBC-276458E67697.jpeg

@Snowy All useful info....thanks

Can you press 'Command' and 'SpaceBar' keys together please, and a search bar should pop up
Type in 'DiscoverCare' and see if you get the similar results to mine below.

1585768791234.png

Ah, you have it, but you don't show it as an application (see my screen shot says 'Application' after the first result of the search).

Next step....go to Finder window (as per your post #34), right click on the file that ends in .dmg and click get info.

Look down the list and see what it says under the 'Open with' section (circled below). Is should match what mine says, namely 'DiskImageMounter'

1585769437644.png

OK, so the machine knows what to do with the file, but it's just not doing it!!!

First things first, have you switched the Mac off and on again recently (I know, but it does work).

Assuming that you have done that fairly recently, the next thing to do is to go back to where you were on post #34, double click on the dmg file, and enable all applications. That should give you this screen, but I believe it doesn't...

1585770263866.png

If that doesn't work, then your next step is a little technical (so prepare yourself!!)

OK, so the machine knows what to do with the file, but it's just not doing it!!!

First things first, have you switched the Mac off and on again recently (I know, but it does work).

Assuming that you have done that fairly recently, the next thing to do is to go back to where you were on post #34, double click on the dmg file, and enable all applications. That should give you this screen, but I believe it doesn't...

View attachment 56860

If that doesn't work, then your next step is a little technical (so prepare yourself!!)
Yes I get the screen as shown above

Great. So you need to drag the icon on the left (DiscoverCare) over onto the icon on the right (Applications)

It should then install

After that, do the Command + Space thing again, and search for DiscoverCare. You should now see the top hit as an Application.

Click on that, and you'll find you are in the right place to pick up on the instructions you have (from the pdf )

Hopefully, you should then be back on track!! :)

Now got application on ’top hit’
i clicked on the application and it bought up the next screen as shown.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok, back to post #30 !!

You should now see that message.

Ok, back to post #30 !!

You should now see that message.
Got that message to ‘open anyway’
Then goes to second screen capture which I will now ‘open’
Hooray, In think you finally got me there!!!
I really appreciate your time and talk through, it’s been brilliant.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Moaksey
I’m now creating backup and downloading the new file as per instructions in PDF. When this Covid 19 lockdown has finished. I owe you a pint (or two)
very grateful to the forum and especially to you. Cheers.
As it’s now downloading (and you need a break - from me!)
I will send you a final update later

image.jpg

Hi Moaksey
I’m now creating backup and downloading the new file as per instructions in PDF. When this Covid 19 lockdown has finished. I owe you a pint (or two)
very grateful to the forum and especially to you. Cheers.
As it’s now downloading (and you need a break - from me!)
I will send you a final update later

View attachment 56867
Hurrah!!!

Progress, and without getting too technical!!! Happy days! :)

By the way, if you don't know already, that Command + Space can be used to search anything, anywhere on your Mac. So if you want to find an App, a word file or anything, use that.

It can also be used as a calculator, so do 2+2 in there and it will work. Very powerful and use it LOADS!

By the way, if you don't know already, that Command + Space can be used to search anything, anywhere on your Mac. So if you want to find an App, a word file or anything, use that.

It can also be used as a calculator, so do 2+2 in there and it will work. Very powerful and use it LOADS!

Brilliant, I learnt a lot of new stuff and I need to make a note for next years update!!

I am glad you found out. Might be worth a thread: How to install DiscoverCare on IOS.

And everyone with Apple products always told me that IOS was much simpler than Windows.
I guess this proves them wrong.
On Windows you just download, install and run the program.