Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Salvaged Cali

Thats some advert:
MODERATE NSR DAMAGE - i dont think so
STARTS AND DRIVES - Im willing to bet my house it doesn't drive
How far would i have to drive it and do you have a sea view,
also, before i take on this bet, is the house structurally sound
and has the heating been recently serviced :)
One last thing, have you told the missus:D

If it does drive and someone does manage buff out that "moderate NSR damage" then I wonder if the 4 Motion still works as it should? That's quite a thump it's had up the a+$€. Also if it was parked at the time of the crash then what damage would have been inflicted on the dsg gearbox?

How far would i have to drive it and do you have a sea view,
also, before i take on this bet, is the house structurally sound
and has the heating been recently serviced :)
One last thing, have you told the missus:D
Boilers on the blink but the garage is sound enough
Round the block would qualify. In four wheel drive, using all the gears and a reverse park finale utilising the ‘as advertised’ front and rear parking sensors. :thumb
I can’t believe the rear window is still intact.

Boilers on the blink but the garage is sound enough
Round the block would qualify. In four wheel drive, using all the gears and a reverse park finale utilising the ‘as advertised’ front and rear parking sensors. :thumb
I can’t believe the rear window is still intact.
I was thinking 5 metres not 500. :)
Yeah, who knew that we have a flexible rear window.

I am guessing that one wasn't occupied. Heavy front corner and been on its side yet airbags intact

I just hope that the oppupant/occupants are all ok. As long as they are alright, the van can be replaced. Very sad to see a Cali end up in that state though.

Putting on my deerstalker for a moment, looking at the front offside damage it looks rather like a heavy glancing blow as the bottom of the door is torn backwards. There is also a dent in the A pillar and the awning is missing. Perhaps the other vehicle was a lorry and its mirror caused that dent and ripped off the awning as well before it rolled over. Curios why only the drivers seat airbag went off though.

I just hope that the oppupant/occupants are all ok. As long as they are alright, the van can be replaced. Very sad to see a Cali end up in that state though.

Putting on my deerstalker for a moment, looking at the front offside damage it looks rather like a heavy glancing blow as the bottom of the door is torn backwards. There is also a dent in the A pillar and the awning is missing. Perhaps the other vehicle was a lorry and its mirror caused that dent and ripped off the awning as well before it rolled over. Curios why only the drivers seat airbag went off though.
Maybe like @paul_f says above, it wasn't occupied.

If it wasn't occupied and there were no injuries to anyone, i would
be tempted at 3k and drop it at the bottom of the garden.

Maybe like @paul_f says above, it wasn't occupied.

If it wasn't occupied and there were no injuries to anyone, i would
be tempted at 3k and drop it at the bottom of the garden.
For an airbag to go off doesn't the ignition have to be on?

I would suggest that has been hit on the offside by a lorry on squashed between a concrete wall on near side, such as a motorway bridge

edit: looks like the Cali was going faster than the vehicle that hit it for example lorry crosses infront of Cali, Cali takes avoiding action and is squished between larger vehicle and something solid (concrete)

I would suggest that has been hit on the offside by a lorry on squashed between a concrete wall on near side, such as a motorway bridge

edit: looks like the Cali was going faster than the vehicle that hit it for example lorry crosses infront of Cali, Cali takes avoiding action and is squished between larger vehicle and something solid (concrete)
The add says it has been rolled.
I spent a couple of minutes trying to work out what had happened.

Can you come back to me with an answer? You've got all night
tomorrow when i'm having my breakfast would be perfect :)

The add says it has been rolled.
I spent a couple of minutes trying to work out what had happened.

Can you come back to me with an answer? You've got all night
tomorrow when i'm having my breakfast would be perfect :)
Cant see that the has been rolled, despite what the add says

You may be right however checkout the striation marks on the rear nearside wheel arch and N/S A pillar. They suggest that it's been moving on its side whilst at right angles to the direction of travel.

You may be right however checkout the striation marks on the rear nearside wheel arch and N/S A pillar. They suggest that it's been moving on its side whilst at right angles to the direction of travel.
Having seen this happen when a Lorry squashed a car, the vertical marks on the wheel arch, a pillar etc could be caused by the vehicle being squashed against an immovable object, the forces cause the vehicle to dive at the front and rise at the rear, during the compression (squeeze) the vehicle initially dives at the front, rises at the rear then falls via gravity when the speed is scrubbed off, the resultant damage allows the vehicle to change shape around the immovable object. IMO the damage to the near side is fairly minor in comparison and not conducive with 3 tonne vehicle sliding on its side?
the blown front of tyre would cause the vehicle to try to veer right, caused the load to transfer to the rear of the vehicle
The foot prints on the head lining are greasy foot print, the heel is toward the screen, I wouldn’t have thought anyone driving the Cali or as a passenger, pre accident, would have had heavy greasy boots on like that, otherwise the footwell would look the the black hole of Calcutta !
Recovery drivers will do what they need to do to make a load secure, it’s most likely that the recovery driver has kicked the roof lining in an attempt to close the passenger door, which looks like the door is binding on the roof support.
how do you like that Mr Sherlock ?

Having seen this happen when a Lorry squashed a car, the vertical marks on the wheel arch, a pillar etc could be caused by the vehicle being squashed against an immovable object, the forces cause the vehicle to dive at the front and rise at the rear, during the compression (squeeze) the vehicle initially dives at the front, rises at the rear then falls via gravity when the speed is scrubbed off, the resultant damage allows the vehicle to change shape around the immovable object. IMO the damage to the near side is fairly minor in comparison and not conducive with 3 tonne vehicle sliding on its side?
the blown front of tyre would cause the vehicle to try to veer right, caused the load to transfer to the rear of the vehicle
The foot prints on the head lining are greasy foot print, the heel is toward the screen, I wouldn’t have thought anyone driving the Cali or as a passenger, pre accident, would have had heavy greasy boots on like that, otherwise the footwell would look the the black hole of Calcutta !
Recovery drivers will do what they need to do to make a load secure, it’s most likely that the recovery driver has kicked the roof lining in an attempt to close the passenger door, which looks like the door is binding on the roof support.
how do you like that Mr Sherlock ?
Not bad Watson.

Whatever happened to it there doesn't seem to be that much that isn't now totally wrecked.

Not bad Watson.

Whatever happened to it there doesn't seem to be that much that isn't now totally wrecked.
Oh I don't know the VW badge on the front looks OK and the 4Motion one on the back.

And with a cat S badge to wear on the V5 for the rest of its life!

Back