Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof repairs - did you get any paperwork?

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
It would seem that neither bodyshop or VW issue any paperwork showing roof corrosion warranty work has been carried out. Am waiting to hear back from VW from someone higher up in food chain on this, but I just wondered if those of you who have had work done had received anything to document this? I would have thought it important especially if anyone wants to sell on? There are loads of you who have had work done now...did you get anything?

Probably computerised. All warranty work normally is registered on a database. I would have thought that any dealer, given the VIN could lookup what warrant work has been done on any VW vehicle by VW.

David,

I had a warranty work sheet sent out by Breeze, via whom I reported the corrosion in the first place, which arrived a short while after the repair.

After months of effort I managed to extract a letter on headed paper from VW confirming that they, and not the body shop concerned, were warranting the repair.

I guess as its logged on VW database and we live in a paperless age that's the way of the world then. I am still in the bundles of papers in a shoebox documenting everything ever done mode....must be all those years living with a Split bus!

I also had paperwork sent from Breeze for our repair. Haven't bothered to chase up for anything else as it will be on file for our van.

Alan

Back