Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice needed on roof bellow

C

CarolS

VIP Member
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg This may not be the right place to post this but I am hoping that by placing my query here it will be seen by a wider audience. I previously posted an issue with the roof bellows on our 13 Reg VW California in April to which a few members responded with good advice. However, since then another hole has appeared in the roof bellows. I have sought advice from a different dealership who forwarded images provided by me to VW customer service. The response received from VW was that the holes in the roof bellows was not covered under the warranty. In addition as the van was over 2 years old and we were not the original owners (we bought the van when it was 8 months old) they would not be making any good will gesture to help with the cost of repairs. The problems with the roof are in the front panel and in no way could be caused when lowering the roof. I am no expert but the hole in the centre of the seems to be as a result of the fabric becoming detached from the roof channel which surely should be covered under warranty. I would be helpful to know if anyone else had a similiar problems with their roof and if so did VW accept it as issue covered under warranty. image.jpg.image.jpg

dont worry, we have a few pinholes too in panels, part of canvas nature when it dries and tightens. We just use comfortz inner topper plus have cali topper as spare in case of deluge and always make sure canvas dries out after use.

Hi

We ave similar. Ours are caused by the roof below fabric rubbing on the screw heads that attached the rails for the safety net. If taken to sliding a bit of fabric between the screw head and the bellows when closed, although your post has reminded me I need a better solution.

Oh, and my van was new and I am a very careful owner.

Not sure if that helps
Mark

Yes, you get sad when things aren't in top shape, unfortunately it's probably the case that all used calis have some cosmetic flaw or small holes on the canvas, buy self-adhesive repair tape for the canvas, follow the instructions and put a patch on the inside and one on the outside, that's it that thing done. The important thing here is that the hole does not get bigger.

Yes, you get sad when things aren't in top shape, unfortunately it's probably the case that all used calis have some cosmetic flaw or small holes on the canvas, buy self-adhesive repair tape for the canvas, follow the instructions and put a patch on the inside and one on the outside, that's it that thing done. The important thing here is that the hole does not get bigger.
Holy thread resurrection Batman! :mute

Back