Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof electrical fault repair recommendations

T

tmr37

VIP Member
Good afternoon

We have the much written about fault 1000 and it seems we need a new sensor loop. The van is beeping randomly and stutters when coming down.

I am not brave enough to try to fix it myself.

Can anyone recommend someone in the south west - ideally Devon - who we can take it too?

I know Carrs in Exeter has changed to Yoemans - who seemed less aware of californias etc.

Would be hugely grateful for some suggestions.

Thnaks

Tim

Our van is a 15 plate Ocean

And when I says stutters I mean the electric roof controlled by the centre panel.

Our van is a 15 plate Ocean

And when I says stutters I mean the electric roof controlled by the centre panel.
Kernow Transporters, Cornwall.
For about £500, I gather, they disable the sensors and fit a remote control unit to put roof up and down.
They fit many California bits and pieces and have a good reputation.

Thank you so much!!! A huge relief.

Spoke to Richard - who was a delight.

Hoping it will get sorted in next couple of weeks.

Thank you so much!!! A huge relief.

Spoke to Richard - who was a delight.

Hoping it will get sorted in next couple of weeks.
Let the Forum know how you got on and what was done. Could be of great help to others.

So on Thursday my wife took our van way down West to be St Just.

All sensors replaced in less than two hours.

Very reasonable price.

Richard was really helpful and kind. She waited in a nearby Cafe whilst the work was done.

A problem we feared would cost hundreds / thousands, and was a bit stressful was swiftly resolved thanks to the recommendation and Richard at Kernow Transporters.

All appears fine so far. Roof going up and down as good as new.

Thanks Welsh gas. And for this forum generally!

Richard did mention the remote unit fix but I think this was when other complications were involved.

We had a straight sensor swap over.

Back