Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof bars ???

B

Bubble

VIP Member
Eyup

Looking for some bars for the Cali roof. 1st question ! Do I need to buy them specifically for the Cali or do caravelle / t5 models have the same fitment & centres? Also seen the ones where they consist of two sides running the length of the vehicle coupled with two x cross members.
Any preference or advantages ?
The cheaper the better however quality & looks are important so as far as branding goes I aren't too bothered. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers chris

Transporter and California have different mount points. I would recommend the thule setup vs original VW - based on the longer bars which make it easier to access the contents.... For the thule setup the fixing kit is the same although there are different bolts.

See here: http://+++++++++++++++++++++++/product.php?prod=312

No specific recomendation for the site! I am sure others will also have a view.

Steve.

Thanks for that steve

Can you manage to access your luggage easy enough & do you struggle to tie down as it's a fair reach without steps ?

I use mine with a roof box - I offset this slightly towards the opening door side. Using the entry step for the vehicle the box is a struggle but I can just about get stuff out an in.... kind of matters your height and loads though.

Steve.

6-4" so should have an advantage :D
Thanks for your time

Thule for us too; we just use them for surfboards.

A bit of a pain to fit and they sit a bit high to but they work fine. I find putting stuff on the roof a right PITA (5'8")!!!

Back