Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RH Gas ring - no gas supply

ChrisandPenney52

ChrisandPenney52

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Haven't dug into this yet, but any ideas? Our LH gas ring lights fine in the normal way, but the RH one seems to have little or no feed. It's not a case of failure to stay alight but simply that it won't light even with a match and the regulator button pushed down. Not sure if this is the dratted thermocouple, as the symptoms are different to what I've read elsewhere on the forum. Advice appreciated

Difficult to say, but yes, it sounds more like a failure to get gas at all rather than a thermocouple issue.

Where are you based?? My brother in Gloucestershire is very handy on fiddly issues like this, and helped me replace my thermocouple a while ago . . . . He would be glad to help if yo8u are near him - but he goes off to Spain in late May.

Lewis

Hi Lewis, thanks for the very helpful offer. We are in Oxfordshire so it could work. We're in France at the mo and back for CotF. If your brother doesn't mind could you PM me his number or email address? We could then at least chat it through when I get back

Chris

OK Chris - I will get in touch with him.

Lewis