Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retrofit high beam assist?

MaxRed

MaxRed

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello everyone!

I was wondering how difficult / costly it is to retrofit high beam assist?
I've recently ordered a Beach MY2019 with almost all possible options, but somehow high beam assist escaped from my list ;)
This weekend I've tried it on Skoda and it is amazing, so now I'm thinking how much it will cost me to have it installed / enabled on the Beach?

Thanks for answers!

Hi, have you asked your dealer if it is too late to add to your order?

Too late - the van is already delivered from VW... I'm going to ask on pick up, but would be nice if I already have some info by then. I noticed that VW dealerships do not always know their stuff thoroughly ;)

Might be able to add it via coding depending on your spec. This guy did it on his Golf.

Sounds cool! So I just need to get my hands on VCDS and I'm fine! I do have automatic lights and wipers

It might be different to the skoda. On the T6 it will only turn on and off high beam, no shaping of lights etc that you get on fancier vehicles.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
It might be different to the skoda. On the T6 it will only turn on and off high beam, no shaping of lights etc that you get on fancier vehicles.
Yep, exactly the same on Skoda. Very convenient when driving country side at night.

Damn nuisance for oncoming drivers. Never seems to react fast enough.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Save you asking. I disagree because every car I have had it on BMW, VW, Porsche have found it too slow to react and at best annoying other drivers and me come to that. Made sure I didnt tick that box on the Cali

I have it on my Ocean and find it very slow to react. I always have it on manual as it seems unfair on the oncoming drivers. I wonder if it is anything to do with the height difference of the sensor to that of a car. It reacts very fast when the light is reflected back from a big signpost which is also up high, but cars not fast enough at all.
Unless you can retrofit it cheaply I'd save your money.

I have it on my Ocean and find it very slow to react. I always have it on manual as it seems unfair on the oncoming drivers. I wonder if it is anything to do with the height difference of the sensor to that of a car. It reacts very fast when the light is reflected back from a big signpost which is also up high, but cars not fast enough at all.
Unless you can retrofit it cheaply I'd save your money.

Every car I have ever driven has done the same so its not a cali issue per se

Ok, thanks for the answers!
Maybe it was Skoda implementation of that feature, but it was quite ok, turning off high beams relatively far from the oncoming vehicle.
I'll probably try to enable the feature with OBD11 or VCDS, if it won't work I'm not going spend a fortune on it ;)

Damn nuisance for oncoming drivers. Never seems to react fast enough.
I have it on my Tiguan 2018 and it really works well, so far never been flashed. Can’t remember if it’s spaced on my ocean?

We also have the matrix LED auto lights on our mini and that is even worse. It doesn’t dip but switches out segments of the light, works pretty well most of the time but occasionally it goes a bit mad as there are lights flickering on and off left to right and I even once had the car in front of me pull over because he thought I was a police car.

Back