Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement sink tap

M

MurrayR

Looking for a replacement tap for my T5 California. The shop is out of stock. Can I get this from anywhere else?
The switch is faulty.
Thanks

Have you tried vw dealer .

I think the tap in our California Generation is the same as in the T5 California. It is possible to dismantle the tap to clean the microswitch - I did it on ours, figured the tap wasn't working so if it came down to it I would need to replace it anyway. You just need a little spare time to perform the task as it can be a bit fiddly.

Back in stock in a few days.

Hi John,
I can get it from the NZ supplier for NZ$250. This is much more than the price from the California shop.
I'm guessing you're planning to replace the tap yourself. So why don't you remove it (a little fiddly to do but not difficult) and have a go at dismantling it? The microswitch simply gets sooted up so can't conduct enough current to run the water pump. It simply needs carefully cleaning with a little sandpaper. There's nothing lost if you break the tap as you're planning to buy a replacement, but you'd learn a little more about your California and save yourself some money to boot if you managed to fix it. Everyone's a winner. :thumb

I'm guessing you're planning to replace the tap yourself. So why don't you remove it (a little fiddly to do but not difficult) and have a go at dismantling it? The microswitch simply gets sooted up so can't conduct enough current to run the water pump. It simply needs carefully cleaning with a little sandpaper. There's nothing lost if you break the tap as you're planning to buy a replacement, but you'd learn a little more about your California and save yourself some money to boot if you managed to fix it. Everyone's a winner. :thumb
It is because of my adjustment of the switch that I have decided to get another. I managed to bend the spring so it did not operate correctly. I will have to wait for the tap or use a temporary switch when we go away next weekend. I suggest careful cleaning does work as I did this a year ago.

It is because of my adjustment of the switch that I have decided to get another. I managed to bend the spring so it did not operate correctly. I will have to wait for the tap or use a temporary switch when we go away next weekend. I suggest careful cleaning does work as I did this a year ago.

That's frustrating. I had bit of a 'moment' when cleaning ours as a part of the microswitch launched itself into the darkest corner of the garage. The 'bottle of water' might be a better bypass til you get chance to purchase a replacement, especially when the dealers want 4 times what the forum shop charge. :eek: