Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Heater Remote

M

muttley

Guest User
I really don't want to know, but could you tell me the cost of a replacement remote control unit for the parking heater.

I think we have managed to lose ours after the very first night away, which must be a record.

Ouch - cant imagine they are coded.

Bet you find it after you've bought another.

I dont know the price sorry best contact SMG parts on here :thumb

They must be matched to the heater but I think it's probably a simple process, vaguely recall it in the manual I think.

Hello guys,

This part is very expensive for a remote. The price is £132.55+vat. I will leave the part number if it helps............ P/N 7N0963511.

Regards

Steve

Have been watching replies about your losing your remote for the heater with interest... we managed to lose ours on the first day we got van! Hope that makes you feel better. Can't understand quite how essential it is and when to use it? Wonder if anyone can enlighten us? Steve at Campervantasics said he had only ever used one in the snow in Switzerland and he had some concern about pressing button inadvertently and turning heating on by mistake...Perhaps this is one gismo too far? And maybe not worth replacing?

Depends on where you live I guess. When I am home in Scotland I can just turn the heating on from in the house, have breakfast and by the time I go out the van is already warm and ready to go.

It's rare I need to do this in London so it's nice to have but not essential when down here.

Depends on where you live I guess. When I am home in Scotland I can just turn the heating on from in the house, have breakfast and by the time I go out the van is already warm and ready to go.

I did this last winter when windscreen was frozen, better than scraping the ice off !! & as said the van is nice & warm when you get in.

Doesn't it fog up the windscreen though?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

We just keep it in the house hanging next to the front door, you dont need to take it out really, do you?

Back