Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing factory fitted mats

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I want to replace the factory mats with some Genuine VW rubber mats and just wondered if someone could tell me how to remove the factory fitted mats, looks a like a disc with a button in the middle.. I'm guess you pull it out or press the button or something. I don't want to break it so any advise please? Can I fit the fittings that where supplied with the mats too?

Do you mean the xtra mats on top of the mats that cover the whole feet area ? They sure must come out easy ...
Show us a picture of how you situation looks like.

What I have
7344CEB7-7BC1-49B4-95CD-804094142976_zpsaekt3q4k.jpg

I worked out pushing the button releases them (was stiff) but the fitting on the rubber mats are completely different

7E34F5F8-04B1-43B4-B9A6-C1896616295F_zps6udvtilp.jpg

Can't see how this is going to hold?
057325A2-554F-4DD9-BB62-82EA611792DC_zps5qwhluwj.jpg

How do you guys get around this as I can't be the only one to change floor mats in a SE

Don't over think it, I just put my non Vw rubber matt on top of the original carpets, no problems in the last year ☺

There are 2 different types of securing connectors.

Your new mats have the different type of connection than your original mats, they are not interchangeable.

My 2014 Cali came with the connectors that match your new rubber mats, this has an element that twists to hold the matt in place.

They look something like this

twist-n-turn.jpg

Yes same for me just put the rubber mats over the top of the carpet ones they are fairly heavy so don't move around at all and I am using mine daily.

I have also rubber with the holes in it on top of the original carpets that are fixed on those plastics but the hole do come in the right position , went and checked just a minute ago.
So in fact you need to repositon the fixingpoint... But better to leave them and indeed put rubber on top.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
The dealer suggested not fitting the retainers on my VW rubber mats so you can easily tip out the collected detritus. They don't seem to move at all.

Back